Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have finally completed my front conversion on my TTR. I have gone the TTS front route and I have fitted LED DRLs.

For those interested in doing the conversion, here are the part numbers:
1. LED DRL - PN# 8J2 052 180
2. Front Bumper - 8J0 807 105 F GRU
3. Front Spoiler - 8J0 807 110 F GRU
4. Front Grille - 8J0 853 651 F 1RR
5. Left Fog Light Grill - 8J0 807 681 F 01C
6. Left Fog Light Blanking Plate - 8J0 807 151 F
7. Right Fog Light Grill - 8J0 807 682 F 01C
8. Right Fog Light Blanking Plate - 8J0 807 152 FR
9. Front Bumper Lower Trim - 8J0 807 697 F
10. Rear diffuser - 6 cylinder models - 8J0071611B9AX

This is Phase 1 of my Conversion. Soon to come..... Turbo :D

The Front with the new bumper fitted (Came with the TTS badge). TTR badge on the way :)
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

My 2 Babies together. The Landie is a little dirty as I was away 4x4'in the past weekend. Note the new rear Valence.

Removal of the first headlamp cluster. I already had xenons, so it was a straight out swap with the new cluster purchased from Audi.

Both lights fitted and turned the ignition key and what do you know, both strips were working. However they weren't in sequence so had to hook up the VCDS and do some coding. Will post the VCDS how-to a little later.

The End Result - Overall I am happy. :)

---------

-->> Before anyone Flames me, The rear of my car has a TTR badge and not a TTS badge. I have ordered a TTRS front badge and will be removing the "S" from the badge to make it TTR. After all it is a TT Roadster

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Looking nice Drghfly, the DRL and new rear valence are my favourite.
Is the valence painted or did it come like that?

Have you only fitted the front bumper with out TTS side skirts?
Any chance of a full side shot? Would like to see how the front TTS and rear lines up.

Like the idea of the TT R badge :p

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ajayp said:

Any chance of a full side shot? Would like to see how the front TTS and rear lines up.

Hi ajayp,

Thanks for the compliments. I had the rear valence painted matte black. I only had the front bumper fitted without the side skirts.

Will take a photo for you a little later.

Like the TTR badge too.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Looks stunning on a white TT mate 8)

LED DRL headlights are the way forward ;)

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
looks good mate well done!

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks again guys...

I did the conversion myself - Sourced the Headlight clusters from Audi Directly. Did the entire conversion myself in under 20 minute. Fitting them and then coding them.

Total conversion - TTS front bumper + Rear Valence + LED DRLs was ZAR 25, 556.61 / GBP 1, 929.60

My Invoice for the parts and their respective part numbers.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
DRGNFLY said:
Thanks again guys...

I did the conversion myself - Sourced the Headlight clusters from Audi Directly. Did the entire conversion myself in under 20 minute. Fitting them and then coding them.

Total conversion - TTS front bumper + Rear Valence + LED DRLs was ZAR 25, 556.61 / GBP 1, 929.60

My Invoice for the parts and their respective part numbers.
I love the "A BEE Company" bit on the invoice. Good old South Africa....

·
Registered
116 Posts
wow looks great! i really love the way the tt-s front end looks, good job with the modding. I am in the process of getting tt-s body parts fitted to my car also, so this is just teasing me :D

also i love the name plates on your cars

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
audi_rs said:
wow looks great! i really love the way the tt-s front end looks, good job with the modding. I am in the process of getting tt-s body parts fitted to my car also, so this is just teasing me :D

also i love the name plates on your cars
I am over the moon with the conversion - I feel like I am driving a new car :) Which parts are you fitting?

Thanks re the name plates - I get a lot of compliments on them. :)

·
Registered
884 Posts
Did you already have Xenons?

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ajayp said:

Hi ajayp,

As requested here are some more pics :)

Old bumper & Rear Valence. I am keeping these in storage so that when I decide to sell the car, I can show the new buyer that the car was not in an accident also they will have the option of buying it with the standard parts or they can pay extra for the TTS parts + LED DRLs. If not I will sell them on the forum or on the fleabay.

Here are some various shots of how the TTS bumper lines up with the regular side skirts on the 3.2 Roadster.

-

-

Some photos of the new rear valence - It was painted Matte Black

-

-

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ownen said:
Who painted the rear valence for you?
I took the parts to a local body shop and asked them to paint it Matte Black nothing else so don't have a colour code. I see you are in South Africa - Will PM you my number if you want more info.

MarcF-TT said:
Did you already have Xenons?
Yes I did - Its a really simple job to do.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
DRGNFLY said:
ajayp said:

Hi ajayp,

As requested here are some more pics :)

Old bumper & Rear Valence. I am keeping these in storage so that when I decide to sell the car, I can show the new buyer that the car was not in an accident also they will have the option of buying it with the standard parts or they can pay extra for the TTS parts + LED DRLs. If not I will sell them on the forum or on the fleabay.
Thanks drgnfly, good idea about keeping the old parts for when moving on.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This Evening I fitted LED Numberplate lights to the car. WOW, what a difference they make and with the car being white it just finishes the back off. Excuse the photo quality, taken with an iPhone

·
Registered
963 Posts
JETLAG said:
This Evening I fitted LED Numberplate lights to the car. WOW, what a difference they make and with the car being white it just finishes the back off. Excuse the photo quality, taken with an iPhone

Where did you get the LED number plate lights?
Where they easy to fit?
I have a 2012 Ttr S-Line on order, not sure if these lights now come as standard, they didnt on my last TT.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Jace said:
JETLAG said:

Where did you get the LED number plate lights?
Where they easy to fit?
I have a 2012 Ttr S-Line on order, not sure if these lights now come as standard, they didnt on my last TT.
These are the ones I bought -->> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wht-Error-Free- ... 3e&vxp=mtr

No errors on the DIS or in VCDS so I am very happy. They both took me about 5 minutes to fit - VERRRY easy mod.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts