Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think my n249 may be past its prime. The other day it came up as a fault when i scanned the car using vagcom, now today its starting to get the kangaroo symptom where it judders about when crawling in 1st gear. I've read up on deleting the unit completely and have read mainly good things about doing so, what i really want is more opinions of this forum on whether its better replacing the unit or to go ahead with deleting it altogether.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
JS53MES said:
I think my n249 may be past its prime. The other day it came up as a fault when i scanned the car using vagcom, now today its starting to get the kangaroo symptom where it judders about when crawling in 1st gear. I've read up on deleting the unit completely and have read mainly good things about doing so, what i really want is more opinions of this forum on whether its better replacing the unit or to go ahead with deleting it altogether.
Certainly sounds as if it needs replacing. Replaced mine a couple of months ago when proved it was faulty by doing a temporary N249 delete that got rid of similar issues. I didn't do a permanent delete because WAK advises not to because of possible overboost issues and I trust his judgement. Having said that, lots of members have deleted it and had no issues but there is a risk.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts