Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
have you looked into mpg? oil consumption and rebuils every 60 or 70 thousand miles.

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Yes, I was reading just yesterday that the RX8 rotary engine is good for only 70 to 100k which is not much on a modern car.

The good news is that to replace the rotary tips is not an engine out job like it is on the RX7 but it's still a fair amount of work and expensive.

My boss has an RX8 and for a Japanese car it has had a lot go wrong with it and landed him with some very big bills just after it was out of warranty.

·
Registered
494 Posts
L13BUG said:
i was considering trading the tt in against this (06) 55 Mazda RX-8 until i saw that as of april it would be £435 pa to tax!!!!! :eek: :eek:
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p
the car tax in Cyprus for any car under a 2.2 is very low

i pay 150 euro for the TT a year

my mate has a porshe 911 turbo and pays 450 euro a year - the tax on the rx-8 has just risen making the highest car to tax ont eh island due to some emissions/life policy the goverment implemented just shy of 1100EURO!!!!! a year. u can now buy an Rx8 here for a few grand becasue of it.

pants anyway

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.