Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just been told I need a new cat for our 60k mile 3.2 (apparently it's all broken up inside) and have been quoted big money to replace it. So, question is, does anyone know where I can find a cheap replacement (standard exhaust) or do I replace the whole exhaust with an aftermarket one...?

Advice, opinions and recommendations welcomed....

Nathan

·
Premium Member
27,106 Posts
Go to a reputible indie that can give you a decent quote.
Audi will spank you. You may be looking at £400 for a replacement from an indie.
If you lived closer to Pipewerx they could sort it for you.
Steve

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
is it the same as the 225 twin cats? I have a Miltech sports cat that came off my 225 after about 2000 miles and its still in very good nick ;)

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
angelus666 said:
Not sure if the cat is the same and compatible with standard exhaust...? If so I would take that off your hands for a nice price :)
Better find out if it will fit first I'm sure Steve will be along soon to tell us it won't :)

Just checked the Milltek web site it looks like the cats fr the 225 & V6 are different sorry :(

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, update on this. Dropped it off at highams park BMW today (where i take my other cars) and the guys has a good look at the cats, turns out there is nothing wrong with them and was just a rattling heat shield....£30 labour to fix and job done.

Certainly beats the £2k Audi wanted and the £1200 Kwikfit wanted too...wonder how often people get mugged off by these garages!

Big thumbs up to Stuart and Clive there, top blokes and would recommend them to anyone!

·
Registered
10,704 Posts
angelus666 said:
So, update on this. Dropped it off at highams park BMW today (where i take my other cars) and the guys has a good look at the cats, turns out there is nothing wrong with them and was just a rattling heat shield....£30 labour to fix and job done.

Certainly beats the £2k Audi wanted and the £1200 Kwikfit wanted too...wonder how often people get mugged off by these garages!

Big thumbs up to Stuart and Clive there, top blokes and would recommend them to anyone!
An Audi dealer told you that you needed a new cat :?: :?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, been thinking about getting a militek and de-cat on it, to see if I can get some proper noise from it. I find it's very muted in standard form and losses a bit of driving appeal because of it.

Put one on the csl and it made the world of difference.....would have loved a straight through supersprint set up..nice!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts