Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What length are the standard wheel bolts on the TT?

Is it 37mm (seems to ring a bell)?

Cheers,
K

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
T3RBO said:
27 :wink:
Seriously, are they that short?

Could have sworn they are 37mm.

Cheers,
Kev

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry to doubt you! :oops:

They are 27mm thread length (I have just been out in my PJ's and removed one to measure it) :p

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So, another quick question.

I guess I can't use my radius seat bolts on a wheel with a tapered seat?

I suppose they are at risk of coming undone and also not aligning the wheel correctly.

I may have in the past if I'm honest as I have not until recent years known that wheels have a different shaped seat and I have often swapped over wheels and not even checked and they have always been OK.

In fact, the TT had RS4 reps on and they had tapered seats and I changed them to OEM RS4's and as we know, they have radius seats so I was running the reps with the wrong bolts.

They never did become loose or cause any wheel wobble, could just have been very lucky I guess :wink:

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
KentishTT said:
T3RBO said:
Neighbours must think I'm barking :lol:
I guess they were thinking you had a screw loose :lol: (bolt - screw, similar......)

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haha - thanks guys :lol:

Thinking about it, I may have a bag of 27mm standard length tapered seat bolts in the garage so will probably only need some lockers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.