Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im getting this valence in a week or 2

Once arrived i will bring it to the paint shop to transform it like this (Dave Photoshop skills!)

now what would be better , black tail pipe or chrome ?

my car is silver
and the valence is carbon

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
TT-REX said:
So im getting this valence in a week or 2

Once arrived i will bring it to the paint shop to transform it like this (Dave Photoshop skills!)

now what would be better , black tail pipe or chrome ?

my car is silver
and the valence is carbon
chrome I think, if you dont like it just dont polish the pipes, they'll soon be black................ :D

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Black for me

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
My instant thought is chrome but the pic keeps telling me let it be black! So, black.
Maybe you need to call on Diamond Dave's Photoshop Emporium to work his magic one more time. One with a chrome tail pipe and post both together...?

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
RockKramer said:
My instant thought is chrome but the pic keeps telling me let it be black! So, black.
Maybe you need to call on Diamond Dave's Photoshop Emporium to work his magic one more time. One with a chrome tail pipe and post both together...?
:p

OK...here you go..

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
It's a hard choice. I'm thinking of going gloss black myself when my bumper arrives. Only thing that sways me towards chrome is you can actually see the tips whereas with black tips on a black valance will be hard to pick up. Think I will be looking for some special photoshops soon too!

I Think with black wheels, black tips wouldn't look out of place :)

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
McKenzie said:
It's a hard choice. I'm thinking of going gloss black myself when my bumper arrives. Only thing that sways me towards chrome is you can actually see the tips whereas with black tips on a black valance will be hard to pick up. Think I will be looking for some special photoshops soon too!

I Think with black wheels, black tips wouldn't look out of place :)
I have gloss black on my RS when I re did them

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
I have gloss black on my RS when I re did them[/quote]

Against a white car I think the contrast would look fantastic. Just a tricky call on darker cars as may blend in a bit too much. I reckon I will go gloss black though.

How are they holding up to normal driving use? Is the paint easy to maintain, and did you get them sprayed gloss or powdercoated?

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
On a night the black tips will struggle to be seen. Even during the day they will blend into the rear of the car (with it all being black).

Chrome however will be able to be seen. Chrome tips will also be easier to clean and maintain (as long as they are regularly cleaned).

My personal preference would be chrome tips with black inserts (so you cant see the gunk).
not sure id want to paint my exhaust tips as that area is subjected to heat which may lead to paint flaking off. Also, if your going to be cleaning them regularly then i'd imagine teh gloss black would be scratched to hell in a few weeks.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Well you can get the tips powder coated which will be hard wearing and both gloss and powdercoat can be made to cope with quite high temperatures. It is a tricky call as black looks stealth but as said chrome stands out and shows the tips off.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts