Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
Nice video mate

Added you as a friend, might do a similar one for my induction kit........ except mine still sounds like a tractor :D

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, simple but effective! I was surprised to hear how good a diesel sounds with a induction kit and a different exhaust. You now are my 2nd friend on youtube, thats pretty pathetic :lol: I will post another video of an improved exhaust sytem pretty soon aswell :)

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
McKenzie said:
Thank you, simple but effective! I was surprised to hear how good a diesel sounds with a induction kit and a different exhaust. You now are my 2nd friend on youtube, thats pretty pathetic :lol: I will post another video of an improved exhaust sytem pretty soon aswell :)
Keep an eye on mine buddy. I have my exhaust system going on in 3 weeks time, so ill be making a before and after video.

In the mean time i might make a quick induction kit video. I have well over 100 friends on there, although most of them are supercar fans, and not diesel lovers :lol: :lol:

You got a date for your exhaust then?

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will be keeping a close eye out then. I would be interested in hearing a diesel induction sound, not many video's of them. Well next week is the date when its all going on, not 100% verified yet as they need to get the engineers in to use the exhaust as a rig for other future kits. Not sure whether I want a de-cat or a sports 100CPSI (cells per square inch) FIA approved cat that they do. Will be interested to see the design they are coming up with for the silencers and back box, from what I've seen all silencers and back box's are free flowing so should sound loud and should be fast!

I think I will do a before and after now you mention it.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Sounds awesome Dan. Is that the standard DV you can hear at lift off or do you have a different one fitted. Great video.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hemTT said:
Sounds awesome Dan. Is that the standard DV you can hear at lift off or do you have a different one fitted. Great video.
Cheers, No I have the Forge DV which you can hear slightly but the main chatter is actually the intake, bit strange but the unused air gets pushed back through the filter by the sounds of it. I cant really hear the DV since I changed to the Neuspeed intake. Apparently when you chip/remap the engine the DV is more obvious and has a higher squeak on lift off rather than the louder whoosh sound from the intake.

·
Registered
61 Posts
it sounds good as it kicks the air back out :wink:
i will more than likely be investing in one soon so i will pm you when im ready for it :)
got a price from audi today for the damaged door they want £650 to sort it out :cry:

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
steve1988 said:
it sounds good as it kicks the air back out :wink:
i will more than likely be investing in one soon so i will pm you when im ready for it :)
got a price from audi today for the damaged door they want £650 to sort it out :cry:
Ouch, I had a similar incident after having my car for 3 weeks, a range rover drove down the side of it and cost pretty much the same. Point is you would never know it had been damaged so hopefully will all come out. Hope all gets sorted out.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It has the Forge DV but most of the sound you can hear on the video is all down to the intake, there is a sudden lack of pressure that causes the whoosh sound, most of which is the unused air going back through the filter. Well that's what I think anyway [smiley=book2.gif]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.