Audi TT Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2007 3.2 VR6 Quattro Roadster
12,789 Posts
Thankfully TPMS doesn't care if you have OEM or aftermarket wheels. :) I run winter tires on non-OEM alloy wheels with no problems. When I swap tires each season, I reset the TMPS - job done. The European TPMS only checks the wheel diameter, so if the diameter changes because the air pressure is too low, you'll get a warning. As I recall, it won't tell you WHICH tire is low so you have to check them all.

·
Registered
943 Posts
You should be able to turn all these lights off right in the driveway by just turning the wheel left to right after starting the car--I've done this many times, you don't need to drive the car more than a few metres, TBH. If that doesn't work you will need to reset the TPMS with above procedure using the button (only facelift cars have it in the DIS); and the other lights using VCDS or similar.

It seems you've got it fixed now anyway but just a note these lights will always turn on if you disconnect/reconnect the battery and/or certain fuses in the vehicle.

·
Registered
Audi TT Mk2 2.0L (BWA) 2WD Automatic
26 Posts
No, few miles is tons.
I don't think this is related to the new battery. It has the symptoms of a wheel speed sensor failing - that throws ABS, EPC and TPMS errors. You need a diagnostic scan...
Wheel speed sensor is inexpensive and easily replaced.
This sounds like the same issue I had with my VW Passat about 6 months ago. I was able to swap out the offending speed sensor myself, and everything was as good as new.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts