Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my car back yesterday after having my new big brake kit fitted. It's a new kit from V-MAXX. It's not quite a brembo kit, but doesn't have the same price tag. I'm lucky enough to have the first kit to be sold in the UK so was lucky enough to get an extremely good deal on them too! (thanks to Darren @ OneZeroFour) Very chuffed :)

The kit consists of 4 piston forged calipers, 330mm 2 piece disks, brackets, braided hoses etc...

I will clean the car this weekend :roll:

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
Looking good mate

Do you know how thick the discs are, as I'm looking for some 330 x 28mm 2 piece discs for my Porsche calipers?

How much was the kit?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tokes said:
Are you pleased with the change? What it's like on the road / track now?
They seem great at the moment, I've only driven about 20 miles on them so far and I'm not using them properly at the moment as want to bed them in nicely... time will tell though and I should be going to the bedford trackday next month so I hope to be able to report good things after that!

Duggy said:
Looking good mate

Do you know how thick the discs are, as I'm looking for some 330 x 28mm 2 piece discs for my Porsche calipers?

How much was the kit?
I'm not sure about thickness on specification, but by my rough tape measuring through the narrow gap in the QS wheel spokes the disks are 27mm thick.

I think RRP is aprox £1100 with the braided hoses, but I paid about £970.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Nice one mate, I Darren was tell me all about these, looks like you got yourself a good deal. Now just need some big turbo power to abuse them ;)

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rich196 said:
Nice one mate, I Darren was tell me all about these, looks like you got yourself a good deal. Now just need some big turbo power to abuse them ;)
Very true... how much do you spend on a 12 year old TT though?

(I asked myself that before I bought new brakes, I told myself it doesn't matter!) :lol:

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
VSeager said:
Rich196 said:

(I asked myself that before I bought new brakes, I told myself it doesn't matter!) :lol:
haha I know what you mean. cost just keep adding up! Im sure if Darren did both of our cars at the same time we would get it cheap right?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rich196 said:
VSeager said:
Rich196 said:

haha I know what you mean. cost just keep adding up! Im sure if Darren did both of our cars at the same time we would get it cheap right?
Maybe... Find me a 'cheap' BT conversion and I'll do it! :lol:

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Rich196 said:
VSeager said:
Maybe... Find me a 'cheap' BT conversion and I'll do it! :lol:
eliminator kit ;)
Hmm.... What's this eliminator kit?

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 17 of 17 Posts