Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

First post for my new car. 2001 Audi TT 225 Coupe BAM. Build thread will be coming soon as the car needs a bit of work.

Wondering if anybody could help me identify what pipe this is? Seems to have split open and there was a decent amount of oil over the top of the engine.

Think it comes from that 3 way hose attached to the valve cover. Car was quite lumpy on idle.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,963 Posts
They pretty much all split, it's like a bakalite type of thing, that goes brittle crumbly over the years after being soaked in oil.. and likely to be split / leaking elsewhere too especially under the inlet manifold. Have a look for some other pcv replacement threads, I junked mine as 19mm replacement hoses and a catch can was cheaper than all that nonsense..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They pretty much all split, it's like a bakalite type of thing, that goes brittle crumbly over the years after being soaked in oil.. and likely to be split / leaking elsewhere too especially under the inlet manifold. Have a look for some other pcv replacement threads, I junked mine as 19mm replacement hoses and a catch can was cheaper than all that nonsense..
Thanks mate. Do you have a link to the kit you are using? I found something like this, not sure if that's the correct one.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Thanks mate. Do you have a link to the kit you are using? I found something like this, not sure if that's the correct one.

That's very good silicone replacement.

But remove those 90 degree pipe and pcv Valvle first.

Sent from my GM1900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
They do like leaking most things lol.
I thought my cam cover gasket had gone ( very common ) but found out it was the rubber seal underneath the oil filler cap. Once you start disturbing them they all tend to fall to bits.
Hardly surprising on a twenty year old car.

·
Registered
9,963 Posts

I junked the whole pcv under the inlet and fitted a catch can.. the kit you have highlighted is to replace the old rubber pipes with decent silicon ones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts