Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
RS4 exhaust tip2.jpg

Saw this online a couple of days ago when hunting for pictures of a TT or TTS with a Milltek exhaust. It's a TT 2.0 FWD with a Milltek cat-back exhaust, but with satin black exhaust tips from Milltek's cat-back kit for an Audi RS4. Owner has changed the rear valance to that of the TTS.

Any thoughts? Personally I quite like it, as I've always loved the big exhausts on the RS4 and RS5. Just not sure whether I'd change my current set up (Audi TTS OEM) and change the look of my car. Dilema!!! :?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
I've seen that around quite a bit and I just don't think those tips work with that valance. Rob with his old 3.2 (ROBOKN) had the same exhaust set-up with a valance that suited it and the set-up looked great. I'm just not a fan of the space around the exhaust tip as looks a bit of an afterthought to me.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
McKenzie said:
I've seen that around quite a bit and I just don't think those tips work with that valance. Rob with his old 3.2 (ROBOKN) had the same exhaust set-up with a valance that suited it and the set-up looked great. I'm just not a fan of the space around the exhaust tip as looks a bit of an afterthought to me.
+1 true, needs dual either side :wink:

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Ditto!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Ill bump this, as I am also somewhat considering an exhaust setup for my TTS, thou it seems like right now the Milltek's the only way. If I did go with an exhaust it would most def be a quad still, just makes the TTS really. I mean each TT has its style, the base TT has dual smaller circle tips, the TTS has quad bigger ovals and the RS has single large ovals. Thats just the way of it, changing that up dramatically just brings to mind those idiots who put fake fender vents on their cars and shit like that.

Im also interested in seeing new pics of exhausts on TTS's, its very hard to find good pictures of the milltek on the TTS, and when I say good pictures I mean of all angles, including underbody pictures, etc. When I shop for an exhaust I want to see the whole package, how it connects with the rest of the car and how it looks on the outside. Fucked up thing is I actually emailed someone from ESETuning a few weeks ago asking them to please send me some detailed pictures of the exhaust and they were pretty offhanded and rude to me saying things like they just couldnt get such pictures and that id have to deal with only seeing the few that are posted over the internet, etc. very turned off by that. I mean before I bought the exhaust for my previous bimmer (maddad exhaust - awesome) I did alot of looking around and only truly felt compelled to buy it once id seen lots of different pictures/videos, etc. of the setup on my model bimmer. Its just common sense with selling something like this, you dont sell shit without properly advertising it...I wish Maddad made exhausts for the TTS :(

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Just a few thoughts on your comments there Thez19. There are a couple other makes for the TTS like meisterschaft and Scorpion, and I'm sure there are a few others too. I don't necessarily agree that a TT should keep it's same exhaust tip layout, if done right then it looks good. If you put a badge on your 2.0tfsi saying TTRS that is another question but an exhaust system changing the design and layout shouldn't have to be kept exactly the same.

In regards to getting pictures of the underside of the exhaust and fitment I guess it's hard for a reselling company to get the pictures if they don't exist. However if you search around for the Scorpion exhaust on the TTS there are plenty of pictures showing the full layout and on car pictures too. There are many quality manufacturers that make good exhausts for the TT range and I'm sure if you emailed them direct they would be more helpful in getting pictures to your requirements rather than a reseller.

If I had a TTS personally I would go with the Scorpion exhaust as looks a bit meatier to me and also have a titanium version which is pure artwork. If you search this forum there is a lot of info on TTS exhausts, that would be the best starting place. If you start up your own thread asking opinions about each exhaust I'm sure other members on here will give your there input and more personal pictures of their cars.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Honestly, Ive heard of the Scorpion exhausts but I havent seen a thing on any distributors site about them nor ANY pictures of the exhaust on the car. I think I may have seen one video perhaps. Just not too excited about spending $1k+ on something I cant back up with reason and guaranteed fitment, etc. And as far as the underbody pics, distributors of an exhaust are selling the product, no reason why they cant take a set and test fit it on a TTS, or ask someone who theyve sold it to to take some detailed pics, or hell, just ask the manufacturer to send them pictures like that directly to help them advertise. Like I said Ive seen this done with several other exhausts on other european models, it shouldnt be the customer's job to go and beg for some good pictures of an expensive aftermarket part.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
thez19 said:
Honestly, Ive heard of the Scorpion exhausts but I havent seen a thing on any distributors site about them nor ANY pictures of the exhaust on the car. I think I may have seen one video perhaps. Just not too excited about spending $1k+ on something I cant back up with reason and guaranteed fitment, etc. And as far as the underbody pics, distributors of an exhaust are selling the product, no reason why they cant take a set and test fit it on a TTS, or ask someone who theyve sold it to to take some detailed pics, or hell, just ask the manufacturer to send them pictures like that directly to help them advertise. Like I said Ive seen this done with several other exhausts on other european models, it shouldnt be the customer's job to go and beg for some good pictures of an expensive aftermarket part.
Here you go :p

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
thez19 said:
Well 30 seconds of searching on the internet gave me a picture and a video of the scorpion exhaust.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5526222-Forge-US-TT-RS-Scorpion-Exhaust-Pre-Order-Now-Open

If you search on this forum alone there are 2 people that have fitted it too. Not sure what is difficult about doing a little homework. I'm sure if you just emailed an exhaust company in question then they would happily send some pictures. Within 2 minutes you could find video's and pictures that may help you make a decision and since your on a forum you could quite easily ask for personal experiences of that exhaust to the people that have fitted it. Sounds like the reseller you went to just couldn't be bothered to do a little homework themselves.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Its crazy how dramatically different their Titanium system is compared to the full SS catback..Not sure id want to go with a DP as I really dont plan on chipping this car, the power with the 12' TTS is excellent already, I had an 08 mk5 GTI that was FWD and that car def needed a boost in power, but not this baby. I mostly just want to hear the car a bit more and open up the rear end some by removing that bit of catback restriction as well as lightening up a bit as the oem exhaust is a bit heavy.

·
Registered
11,940 Posts
I have those tail pipes for sale if you want them £80 delivered, I also have the scorpion Ti system great piece of kit

1 - 16 of 16 Posts