Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've just logged on to this great site again after a few years. I registered some time back when I was thinking about getting a TT, but decided to go for an S3 and then a Honda S2000... But now I've comes full circle again and I'm on the look out for a 3.2 coupe. Budget is £10-12k and would prefer S tronic.

I've had a look at the 3.2 buyers guide, but was wondering if there was anything else I should be looking out for. I've seen a car with 41k miles on a 57 plate. Would this be coming up for a major service, haldex oil and brake fluid change?

I also don't seem to have access to the classifieds section - are there any decent cars in there that fall within my criteria?

Many thanks,

K

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Welcome back! I previously had a Mark 1 3.2 DSG (S-tronic in Mark 2) for 2 years and have just recently moved over to a 1.8TFSI S-tronic. A simply beautiful box that operates as smooth as silk but can occasionally be problematic! My 2003 Mark 1 DSG ECU quit in 2011 (albeit at nearly 8yrs old) and cost £2,000 to repair so a warranty of some sort might be advisable.

My service manual is locked away in the car outside but I suspect that there are bound to be some service requirements at 40,000 miles that might not have been carried out as yet. Certainly with my Mark 1, Haldex and Gearbox oil were done at that stage.

Good luck with your search! :p

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome. Gosh I can't believe it was 2004 when I first joined! How time flies!

So would an Audi warranty be a wise choice with an S tronic? Do they go wrong often? How much would a warranty be on a 2007 3.2 s tronic?

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
ftogpx said:
Thanks for the warm welcome. Gosh I can't believe it was 2004 when I first joined! How time flies!

So would an Audi warranty be a wise choice with an S tronic? Do they go wrong often? How much would a warranty be on a 2007 3.2 s tronic?
Welcome back. I would say a warranty on the S-Tronic is a good idea, particularly given the costs involved if anything goes wrong. Mechatronics failure is quite common and can cost in the thousands. Having said that, mine has been bulletproof (touch wood :roll: ) and never had any issues in 30k/3.5 years. Mapped too. Peace of mind is invaluable, though. If the warranty is well priced I'd go for it.

The one you mention with 41k should already have had haldex and gearbox service. Theyre due at 38k. I'd walk away if it hasn't.

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
ftogpx said:

I don't honestly know how much extended warranties cost. 2007 is just outside of the ordinary extended warranty offerred by Audi from new where year five costs circa £500. I would guess anything around the £500 mark would be about right. Sounds a lot but a gearbox or suspension issue would easily eat that up and a lot more besides. As others have said, for piece of mind alone its well worth considering! Folowing my recent experiences, I have opted to extend the standard three year warranty on mine to five years! :)

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
There is a black v6 with magma red leather in the For Sale section.

I hope I'm not breaking any rules here!

FOR SALE:

Audi TT 3.2 V6 Quattro

Manual Transmission
2007 57 registration (First registered 22nd December 2007)
Phantom Black Metallic
Magma red leather Interior (Extended)
47000 Miles
Full Audi Main Dealer Service History (recently serviced approx 1 month ago)
HPI Clear (No outstanding finance)
HPI Report - Prior to my purchase.
HPI Report - Current report.
6 Months Tax
8 Months MOT
3 Previous owners
DIS (Drivers information system)
Climate Control
Electric & heated mirrors
Electric windows - can also be opened and closed using the key fob.
ESP (stability Package)
Electronic rear wing (rises at approx 78mph)
First Aid Kit (un-used)
Full Audi tool kit and accessories present in boot floor.

Extras
Bluetooth Phone System
Heated Seats (3 settings)
Extended Leather - (Transmission tunnel, dash board and doors)
Genuine Audi 19" RS4 Alloy Wheels
Multi-Function flat bottomed steering wheel
Bose Symphony Sound system consisting of 12 speakers + Bose 6000 Amplifier
6CD Changer
Audi ipod connection - Installed by Audi (Change tracks using MF Steering Wheel controls)
Black front grill
Rear window and side quarter windows professionally tinted (As new Black edition spec)
Rear 3.2 Badge
HID Xenon kit fitted

Service Schedule - All official Audi main dealer
Stoke Audi - 11396 Miles - Oil Change
Northampton Audi - 19496 Miles - Inspection & Oil Change
Docklands Audi - 28605 Miles - Oil Change
Docklands Audi - 33687 Miles - Inspection & Oil Change
Hull Audi - 40659 Miles - Haldex Oil Change
Hull Audi - 46844 - Oil Change
Hull Audi - 46844 - Brake Fluid Change

This 3.2 Quattro is an amazing machine with a fantastic soundtrack. The car drives absolutely faultless. The red leather and interior generally are absolutely immaculate, with no marks or any signs of wear and tear whatsoever.

The car has never been smoked in and it will be clear from viewing the car it has lead a very pampered life being cleaned weekly and garaged every night. All manuals, V5 Document, stamped service booklets, and all keys (3 in total) are all present.

I am reluctantly selling due to having recently started a new job with a long commute (115 miles per day) so I am in need of a diesel. Even though I can easily achieve 34MPG on a motorway commute, I cannot bring myself to add that sort of mileage on a car like this. I may be interested in a p/x providing it's a cheaper BMW or Audi Diesel (around the 5k value).

The car doesn't need an oil change for another 10000 miles, and doesn't need an inspection service for another 21000 miles.

The car is located in Beverley, East Yorkshire HU17.

Any questions please contact me [email protected]

£12750 OVNO.

Important Note:-
A word of warning for those who think they can scam me asking for details regarding my paypal account, don't waste your time. So if you're thinking of buying it but work on an oil rig and can't get to the phone but you desperately need the car for your son as a birthday surprise, or if you're buying it for your brother who lives on a farm in Nigeria or maybe buying it for your sister who lives in Russia and you plan to ship it over?, I have heard every scenario in the past few days so just give it a rest.

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
A word of warning for those who think they can scam me asking for details regarding my paypal account, don't waste your time. So if you're thinking of buying it but work on an oil rig and can't get to the phone but you desperately need the car for your son as a birthday surprise, or if you're buying it for your brother who lives on a farm in Nigeria or maybe buying it for your sister who lives in Russia and you plan to ship it over?, I have heard every scenario in the past few days so just give it a rest.

:lol:

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
sico said:

:lol:
:p

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Judging by your name did you have a Mitsubishi FTO GPX as well? lol

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lol yes that's a blast from the past! I used to own a mitsubishi FTO before I got my S3. Great car back in the day!

I'm still looking for a TT... decided to widen my search away from 3.2s to 2.0s as well, but I think I'm going to give the S tronic a miss... just too much risk without a warranty.

What are the most popular options to look out for? The 19" RS4 alloys look the dogs danglies but tyre costs could make your eyes water! Is the bose a good upgrade over the standard stereo?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts