Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm looking to replace my headunit with an aftermarket one (JVC KD-AVX77).
And i was ready to order everything needed when i asked myself :

Will my GPS still work after?

I have the audi gps unit (don't know is name) that display the road info on the center dashpod dis and voice through the bose (and MAP CD in the trunk).

Any info would be greatly apreciated as i d'on't want to loose this feature.

Thanks in advance,

Bartapuce

PS: link to a TT JVC KD-AVX77 neet installation (in french but lot of pics) : http://tinyurl.com/y8otrht

·
Registered
12,119 Posts
From what I remember when I worked on my TT (with factory nav), the navigation uses the telephone-mute line to mute the stereo during voice guidance. To me, this implies that it's a separate system and as long as you connect the car phone-mute to the appropriate pin on the aftermarket stereo it should work exactly the same as before.

Not sure you'll find anyone who's actually tried this, as factory nav was a rare option and most people who have it seem to use a 3rd party one instead (as it's pretty poor).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your answer, very instructive.

Didn't know it was a rare option.

Will have to find more tech infos maybe at the Stealers. :lol:

Anyway Thanks again.

·
Registered
12,119 Posts
Unfortunately, I think it was rare because it wasn't very good, even back when the TT came out. I used mine about 3-4 times, then went back to using my Garmin.

The dealers aren't likely to help much, as you're wanting to put a non-Audi head unit in there. Your best bet is to have a look at the back of the current Audi head unit and check out the pin-outs. As long as there's a mute line being used by the sat nav, you should be able to connect that to the tele-mute on your aftermarket unit and get the same functionality...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.