Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We sign up, mainly to learn about the TT, is it a good investment 2nd hand? do they break? what models to look for? the forum is full of great info BUT...

YOU WANT TO BUY ONE! but only you cant, because as a "Security" measure against scammers you cant see it until you are approved.

Am I the only one that has this problem? Please post below, thanks!

ME

·
Registered
9,031 Posts
minimumeffort said:
We sign up, mainly to learn about the TT, is it a good investment 2nd hand? do they break? what models to look for? the forum is full of great info BUT...

YOU WANT TO BUY ONE! but only you cant, because as a "Security" measure against scammers you cant see it until you are approved.

Am I the only one that has this problem? Please post below, thanks!

ME
So do your research on what you want and then look at Autotrader and Pistonheads etc.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Dont listen to him ;)

Stick around and keep posting, u will be able to use the for sale section soon enough :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gazzer said:
KammyTT said:
Dont listen to him ;)

Stick around and keep posting, u will be able to use the for sale section soon enough :)
aiiiiiiiiiii 50 posts mean he wont be a scammer when he she gets access to market
50 posts by someone who 1) doesnt own the car 2)doesnt know what a good price is and 3) wants to buy from people who know what they are on about = not very helpful.

But I get it, scammers suck, buts is one of does things that the internet has, ,and restricting it isnt going to stop them, it will on the other hand make us feel secure, but really we are just as vulnerable as before.

Anyway, I really dont think im going to get to 50 any time soon, so ill stick to ebay and pistonhead etc!

All the best,

ME

·
Registered
84,232 Posts
Try a few posts in the 3 word story thread that will help :wink:

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
YELLOW_TT said:
Try a few posts in the 3 word story thread that will help :wink:
Indeed, if you can get another newbie on-line at the same time you could both be above the minimum post number (whatever that is) in an hour or two.

Thus making the minimum post rule pretty pointless at the same time. :p

The Official Three Word Story Reloaded Thread...

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I find it annoying when people miss off one letter from a word in a failed attempt to make typing the sentence that little bit quicker.

Fo fuc sak.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
found it.

Also found an Audi TT Mk1 2001 79k, £3,000, some scraches in door (i can live with) but has 9 owners, last owner had the car for a month.. should I be worried?

I need the marketplaceopendamnit

ME

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
9 owners is a hell of a lot for an 11 year old car!

Make sure you go through it with a fine tooth comb, as it may be a 'Friday afternoon car' with loads of niggling little faults, or even of been bent in the past.
Generally owners do not sell after just a month (or even the average of just over a year)

·
Registered
108 Posts
i had this problem, want to buy a car, cant see the market, until i get car, dont really have anything to contribute so how do i get the post count up?

my solution was to hang around here in the off topic section....dont need to be a tt owner to post about iphones ect.

it really didnt take long to get enough posts to see the market place :)

·
Registered
19,202 Posts
I didn't know you couldn't see it. I thought you just couldn't post in it.

Does seem daft that way around.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Kell said:
I didn't know you couldn't see it. I thought you just couldn't post in it.

Does seem daft that way around.
Yip us poor scammers, sorry I mean new members can't even see the sales section. Being abkle to see it but not able to post in it would be a slightly better compromise but the whole thing is bonkers like you say.

:)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Im really dissappointed I cannot see the market place. I ordered my TT just over a month ago with a further 2 month wait till delivery and in this time, I want to try source some parts such as wheels, forge bits, etc, but am only limited to Ebay. I think its ridiculous that I cant see what people are selling as I couldve saved a lot of money buying from the forum.

Having been an active member on A5OC we never had such an issue even when I first joined (if I remember rightly).

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
MickyTT said:
Im really dissappointed I cannot see the market place. I ordered my TT just over a month ago with a further 2 month wait till delivery and in this time, I want to try source some parts such as wheels, forge bits, etc, but am only limited to Ebay. I think its ridiculous that I cant see what people are selling as I couldve saved a lot of money buying from the forum.

Having been an active member on A5OC we never had such an issue even when I first joined (if I remember rightly).
How about you just stop moaning and become an active member on the forum? Instead of joining just to lurk and buy random things.

It's a community, join it or gtfo?

L

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
MickyTT said:

You are not missing much TBH and they are generally not much cheaper than eBay.

L0z said:
How about you just stop moaning and become an active member on the forum? Instead of joining just to lurk and buy random things.

It's a community, join it or gtfo?

L
You know how to make a newbie welcome don't you! [smiley=speechless.gif]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.