Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

After my 13 year lust affair with TT's I have finally taken the plunge and bought one :p

I checked out this forum prior to buying and found it to be really helpful and useful. The indicators went haywire over the weekend and from posts I had read on here I was pretty sure it was the relay which it was. I also had a horrible rattle coming from the exhaust which again after reading about on here turned out to be the heat shield. Felt much more confident going to the garage and telling him what I thought it could be.

The car is 10 years old and had done 58,000, the service history has no mention about the cambelt being changed. The guy at the garage has quoted me £336 all in, that includes a water bottle and all the other bits and bats ( so wish I was one of the clued up ladies out there!!). Does the quote sound about right?

Is there any useful tips that anyone could help me with? The mechanic told me if I saw a red oil warning on the dash to stop the car immediately. Tips like that would be great!!

Thanks guys!

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,372 Posts
Hi JJ75, Welcome to the TTF...£336 seems quite reasonable, but make sure it includes the water pump as well as the hydraulic tensioner/damper as they are extras & not included in the Audi cambelt kit.
A tensioner is included but that is a seperate part to the "hydraulic tensioner"
Red oil warning means stop asap & switch off engine immediately.
Any more questions,ask away.
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
Welcome to the world of the TT, there are some great helpful fellow owners on this warm and friendly forum. Congratulations on your new TT. Lets have some pics soon eh. :p

Damien.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.

Hoggy, I meant a water pump not water bottle :oops: I'm beyond clueless!! Am pretty sure he said it was everything included in the price. Its an independant VW Audi garage, there were a few TT's in the place when I popped in.

Will try and post some pics later. She is beautiful :p One thing I wasent prepared for is the amount of people who stare as you drive past. That will take a bit of getting used too!!

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,372 Posts
Hi JJ75, Just ask is the "hydraulic damper/tensioner" included in that price ? Could be false economy otherwise.
Hoggy. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts