Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just bought a personal plate from DVLA for my TT Roadster, R18 TTR just got to sort out the spacing, thought I would put a dot between the 1 and 8 and space the letters like this R 1.8 TTR Rons 1.8 TTR what do you think
Ron

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
It's illegal.

Loads of people seem to be doing it. Why not just buy a plate that makes sense without having to butcher it?!

Just my opinion! But if you are going to do it, make sure you have a set of legal plates in the boot for when the 5-0 pull you for it!

:p

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Nope,leave it as it is,normal spacing :roll: otherwise it's going to look chavy :lol:

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
96,570 Posts
Hi Ron, It can cause blue flashing lights in your rear view mirror & a lighter wallet. :lol:
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Hoggy said:
Hi Ron, It can cause blue flashing lights in your rear view mirror & a lighter wallet. :lol:
Hoggy. :D
+1, got the t-shirt [smiley=bigcry.gif]

If you are going to modify the spacing etc do it to just the front plate, at least it looks legal when Traffic are following you and much harder to notice and pull you up going the other way :?

·
Premium Member
27,106 Posts
Obviously you have bought the wrong plate if you have to doctor it.
I can understand the need to make a statement at times, but telling peeps you run a 1.8 isn't really bigging it up..now if your running more pots..

Steve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.