Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Later today I am going to be collecting my brand new 2.0 TFSI TT, and I am EXTREMELY excited! It's brilliant black and I fell in love with it the second I entered the showroom. I've always wanted a TT and now finally I'm getting it, my dream car.
The little extras it has fitted are rear parking sensors, Multifunction steering wheel and Mobile telephone preparation - Low with Bluetooth and voice control (Though not getting the cradle)

Whilst I am interested in in-built satnav, I really didn't want to pay the £1,600 for an audi fitted one, so I was just wondering what recommendations people might have for an aftermarket one. I'm not sure what kind of price range, but anything under £500 would be very good.

I also just want to make sure that fitting an aftermarket satnav wont have any effect on my 3 year warranty. After all, the car is brand new and the last thing I want is to do anything to risk it.

Anyway, any recommendations would be very very welcome, and I look forward to becoming a proud TT owner in only 11 hours time!

·
Registered
16,672 Posts
Hi Maxx, welcome to the forum,
quite a few of us have installed after market head units, the common ones are kenwood or pioneer, as for the warranty audi will probably say its void,but its not a long job to put the audi stereo back into the car before you take the car back to the dealers

not sure what you will get for £500, but let us know
enjoy the motor,and dont forget the photos

·
Registered
16,672 Posts
i am pretty sure audi will not fit a head unit, unless its oem, if you cannot do it yourself,find a local auto spark, or put your town/city on the next reply, someone might know a good spark in your area

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think that eBay one looks pretty bad to be honest mate.

It's not a branded name, the software interface looks poor, and for 500 notes you will have little or no warranty on the unit!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I live in Marske in the North East (near to Middlesbrough, probably a bit more well known :p )

My only concern really is voiding the warranty by fitting it. If there's no soldering or anything involved, just the connecting of cables, I can't really see how it should void the warranty, but you never can be sure.
Perhaps I should query it at the Audi dealer when I collect my TT this evening.

Failing that I'll just have to stick with my TomTom for now. Just would have been nice to have the DVD/TV playback features aswell as a nice big touch screen. (God I love gadgets! :p )

True about it not being a known brand, might be worth looking around for a Pioneer/Kenwood one, though I'm trying to keep costs down. I'm already stretching myself with the TT to begin with, heh.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is a very tempting offer Dave.....I'm going to need to check with the dealer about the warranty though. But I am very very tempted.....

One question about that unit though. Would I need to buy the Bluetooth adapter seperately? My car already has bluetooth built in which works with the steering wheel controls. I'm guessing that I would need the bluetooth unit to connect this up with the cars bluetooth though, if only to mute the stereo automatically when I make/receive calls.

(Forgive me if the questions sound stupid, but my area of expertise is computers, not cars)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Maxx

I don't think the bluetooth is compatible, the compatible parrot unit that works with the Kenwood head unit is about £90 and will work off the multi function steering wheel, I have an untested bluetooth for the Kenwood unit which I would be willing to throw in as part of the deal, however this ws never installed and therefore I cannot cannot confirm it works (it was bought new so it should).

Regards

Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.