Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Audrey is home! My first TT, and first car with a turbo - not used to all this power!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hp ... 5078_n.jpg

Just a couple of little niggles i've noticed in my 4 hours of ownership:

1) There is a weird rattling noise coming from behind the climate control. It only comes on when the engine is on, and it doesn't matter if my CC is switched on or off - it still happens. I've had a search around and seen people mention that it's the temperature sensor fan behind the CC, but I thought that wouldn't be on if the CC was turned off? Anyway, i've uploaded a video -

2)
Video 2 (sorry if I cause neckache.) Is this normal?? In every car i've ever been in before, engine goes on - fuel guage goes up. Engine goes off - fuel guage goes to zero. On this it stays at 1/4 for a while and not sure if it's normal! I know somethings wrong because it was reading full today and I still managed to fit £20 of petrol in.

Can't work out if it's the dashpod, the fuel sensors, or *gulp* a mixture of both. My MPG and miles remaining readings were all over the place on the drive home!

3) Last but not least, i've already mentioned this when I saw it at the garage, but now i've got it home I have more info.

Chorus II CD stereo with Bose. 1 out of 40 times you turn it on and there is text on the display, every other time, just backlight and sound. Only half the buttons work half the time, if you're lucky. For the moment i'm stuck with "Relaxing Flamenco Rhythms" CD that the previous lady owner left in. I got it out once, then put it back in to test something, now the eject button won't work [smiley=bigcry.gif]

Any help - much appreciated!

·
Registered
13,044 Posts
Hi Olivarr,

sorry I can't be precise, but if you do a search on this forum there is something about ejecting 'stuck' CDs. Also I remember a post about how to repair a problem with the early CD player.

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
96,560 Posts
Hi Oliver, As I said in your other post, if fuel range jumps around with gauge then usually the level sensors in the tank are faulty.
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's the thing Hoggy, the range changes constantly, along with the MPG, but the actual gauge is stuck above full all the time - no change!

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
96,560 Posts
Hi Oliver, Is the MPG on Instantaneous or average. Rocker switch on end of right hand stalk will change selection.
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think it must have been on instantaneous... what does that mean? Does that shed any light?

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Instantaneous is constantly reading and updating your fuel consumption as you accelerate brake etc, so is telling you what it is using at that time.., you can use it to adjust your driving style and hence consumption... The average one with a circle with a line through it on the display beside the reading, tells you the average consumption since you last reset the display... There is an average speed one too..You will have another that will tell you remaining range, but that might be inaccurate if the sender is playing upP
This will help you..

http://www.audi-s.net/tips/BOOK/PDF/Qui ... _Coupe.pdf

Welcome to the forums :p

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Oli,

Welcome to TT ownership :D

This link may help with the stereo problems?
http://www.carstereohelp.com/repairDoItYourselfAudi.htm

I have recently fixed my neighbours home phone where the buttons stopped working by taking it apart and cleaning the back of the buttons and circuit board with a pencil erraser :p Clearly there was something contaminating the surface and stopping a good contact or you could have a dry joint inside?

If you want to pop along to the next Yorkshire meet I can bring my stereo keys if you want to remove stereo??? We meet up at Xcape about 7.30pm on the last Thur of the month usually, there should be a post in the events section nearer the time.

With the stereo out you can also have a root around the back of the climate control for anything loose.

Fingers crossed for ya Stu.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Stu,

Thanks for that link, but i've got the newer Concert II CD player, that's the ones from 1998-2002 I think :(

I've ordered some keys for 50p off eBay, they should be here today! Don't suppose anyone has a service manual??

Ta

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.