Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I took delivery of my new TTS yesterday and I am absolutely loving it. There are two little things which are bugging me but which I think can be rectified:

1. Does anyone know if its possible to get an armrest installed, who can do it (I live in Leeds) and how much it costs?

2. One of the options I have is the bluetooth phone prep. There is a space for a cradle behind the hand brake but I am now being told that there aren't any cradles for my phone (Blackberry Curve 8520), although the dealer told me that there was one! I was thinking that there are two things I would like to know (i) Does anyone know if I can get a cradle from another source?; and (ii) Is it possible to get some sort of storage compartment (even just a tray) installed over the space for the cradle? There is a real shortage of storage space in the car.

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Hi there! Welcome to the forum

1. You can get an armrest for the TT however not an OEM/Audi one. Search the forum for "armrest" and you will find all the options! Namely, try www.tt-armrest.com. Many on the forum(including myself) have bought and installed these. They look and feel great!
2. I dont know if you can get the correct cradle as I dont have the Bluetooth High (which comes with the cradle connection). I dont think its that important as the phone isnt even in view! You cant buy a storage compartment for this area.

Also, if you get an armrest (from tt-armrest.com) this is where it connects to the centre console so there are a few options (e.g. cupholder, cradle or blank/rubber mat).

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
oh, and congrats on the car!! post some pics when you get a change and drive safe [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
I wouldn't bother with a phone cradle. I have the standard bluetooth set up and it works really well with the phone in my pocket. Record the voice tags for the numbers you're likely to want to call and there's need for access to the phone at all.

·
Registered
368 Posts
igotone said:
I wouldn't bother with a phone cradle. I have the standard bluetooth set up and it works really well with the phone in my pocket. Record the voice tags for the numbers you're likely to want to call and there's need for access to the phone at all.
I agree but for a long journey with a few calls, battery may be an issue.
Waited 7 weeks already for the iphone 3GS (battery is terrible) cradle from Audi - a neat, albeit expensive, solution.

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
111laz111 said:
igotone said:
Waited 7 weeks already for the iphone 3GS (battery is terrible) cradle from Audi - a neat, albeit expensive, solution.
Ah... fair point on the charging. My Nokia battery life is great, but on long journeys I just use a charge lead from the *** lighter and plonk the phone in the cupholder. I can see why you'd want a neater solution though.

·
Registered
222 Posts
igotone said:
111laz111 said:
igotone said:
Ah... fair point on the charging. My Nokia battery life is great, but on long journeys I just use a charge lead from the *** lighter and plonk the phone in the cupholder. I can see why you'd want a neater solution though.
I will 2 points -well 3
1) The armrst rest is very good quality
2) With cradle my iphone 3G receptions is much better. I had very poor siginal at my house - however using the cradle I get a very good 3G signal. Mucah much better - I think the phone will be using the roof aerial
Oh and a 3rd point - hae fun with your new car :D

·
Registered
108 Posts
spidermack said:
<SNIP>
2) With cradle my iphone 3G receptions is much better. I had very poor siginal at my house - however using the cradle I get a very good 3G signal. Mucah much better - I think the phone will be using the roof aerial
Are you referring to the iPod connector that comes with AMI, or something else?

·
Registered
222 Posts
JimInSF said:
spidermack said:
<SNIP>
Are you referring to the iPod connector that comes with AMI, or something else?
Hi sorry for late reply - I meant the iphone holder - it's just behind the handbrake - I spec'd "Preparation for mobile phone (Bluetooth) with hands-free operation" + a cradle to match my phone which is an iphone. The phone clips into thec raddle. It now gets charged + also uses the roof aerial for calls. It's still using a bluetooth connection to my Navigation system plus (RNS-E) which I can use to dial / recieve call etc. The phone siginal reception is much better using the cradle.
:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.