Audi TT Forum banner
41 - 60 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I know they're franchised so there's variance but I wouldn't trust Kwik Fit to make a coffee let alone do a tyre swap without f*cking it up and damaging my wheels!!

If you're old enough to remember the TV ads...it was always changed to "you can't get shitter than a kwik fit fitter" :lol:

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Mark Pred said:
Did you apply the promo before buying and get the 10% discount, as that still seems a lot compared to what I paid, albeit for 19's... Kwikfit don't do much to make it very obvious that there's a promo running on Michelins right now. I only found it by luck more than judgement. Saved I think it was about £80 after adding the discount code at check in :eek: Free dashcam too, but hasn't arrived yet. You won't be disappointed with them, excellent tyres!

https://www.kwik-fit.com/offers/michelin-offer
Yes, got Qwikfit to run all discounts but there is a significant difference in size/price of RS tyres to TTS. As a comparison I checked the BC price less 10% discount for the TTS and the MPS4S for 19" were £169 each. So with QF you essentially get the camera thrown in as well. Unfortunately they didn't have my size

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
phazer said:
I know they're franchised so there's variance but I wouldn't trust Kwik Fit to make a coffee let alone do a tyre swap without f*cking it up and damaging my wheels!!

If you're old enough to remember the TV ads...it was always changed to "you can't get shitter than a kwik fit fitter" :lol:
With any tyre fitting I always photograph each wheel in the presence of manager/fitter. It always sharpens up their game :p

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
phazer said:

You could say the same for ANY franchised tyre fitter and in my experience, Kwikfit are actually one of the better ones and their Trustpilot scores are quite good. Saying that, I wouldn't normally let any of them near my cars, but now having used Kwikfit's mobile service (quite a few times), I can't think of anyone better. That's because it's one person doing it and they 100% accountable for their work, hence they make sure they do a good job and you can keep an eye on them as they do it! Yes, I still always photograph each wheel before fitting and make sure they know I've done that; I also tell them what tyre pressures I want, to avoid over-inflation (common issue everywhere you go). Other than that, they're brilliant. They phone you before they arrive, are always on time and have done a great job for me, with zero issues. The icing on the cake is that I can have it all done while I'm at work or at home. I'll be using them again when our SQ5 needs new rubber.

·
Registered
10,865 Posts
Yes I'll second all of that about Kwikfits mobile service. Had them come to my home twice and found them good and reliable.
Much better sitting in your own front room keeping an eye on your car with a cup of coffee than sitting their dirty waiting area on a broken seat for ages.
One query tho - I heard that they don't / can't do wheel balancing with mobile service. Not sure if that's true.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
ZephyR2 said:
Yes I'll second all of that about Kwikfits mobile service. Had them come to my home twice and found them good and reliable.
Much better sitting in your own front room keeping an eye on your car with a cup of coffee than sitting their dirty waiting area on a broken seat for ages.
One query tho - I heard that they don't / can't do wheel balancing with mobile service. Not sure if that's true.
I've used mobile fitters before, they have a balancing machine in the back of the van, it's not a problem. If the guy is a hulking mess and doesn't stand still then it will be off but I've never had and issue.

·
Registered
146 Posts
ZephyR2 said:
To be fair, the Kwikfit that I use has a smart, well appointed waiting area with large glass so you can see the work area.

·
Registered
215 Posts
My TTS is going in for a service and MOT next week. I have a feeling I may need new tyres to pass the MOT. Would Audi fit a specific tyre brand at my request or would I have to put up with whatever they've got? I fancy the MPS4s rather than Hancooks (or whatever else they may decide to use).

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I suppose you can only choose brand/type among what Audi dealer proposes... but why fitting new tires from them, when independents surely offer lower prices?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Ruudfood said:
My TTS is going in for a service and MOT next week. I have a feeling I may need new tyres to pass the MOT. Would Audi fit a specific tyre brand at my request or would I have to put up with whatever they've got? I fancy the MPS4s rather than Hancooks (or whatever else they may decide to use).
Before you get the tyres from Audi take a look at https://www.blackcircles.com/. I got four Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres fitted for approx. £600 compared with a quote for the same tyre from Audi for approx. £1,000.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Thanks for the tips guys. I only really noticed last night that my fronts were a bit worn. I'd already booked it in for next Friday and my work schedule is hectic until then so getting them replaced before the MOT will be pretty much impossible, so it's more for convenience if it's likely to fail than actively wanting Audi to do it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
FWIW Audi do say they'll price match tyres (according to specific criteria) although my dealer frequently tells me they often cannot.

That said, they did manage on two Conti Sport 6's, RO rated, for me at the start of the year (and can offer whichever tyres their (local) supplier has got in stock or can get).

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Ruudfood said:
I fancy the MPS4s rather than Hancooks (or whatever else they may decide to use).
Had new all round MPS4s's fitted 2 weeks ago replacing PZeros and they are clearly more comfortable which is a bonus. Grip is superb but then so were the Pzeros until they got past 12k miles (no surprise there!) and road noise is about the same albeit slightly different which at first is disconcerting.

What more do you want from a performance tyre? So I would say they are a good choice. BTW both brands were much better than the Yokohama's on my TTS.

I would however recommend for performance/safety you replace all 4 tyres. On my TTS I found that there was slightly more wear on the front, but with the quattro there was not a lot in it, so I always replaced all 4. Just as a matter of interest, IMO on the RS there is clearly a more wheel rear drive bias compared to the TTS, as all 4 tyres wear evenly and that is with the setup in 'Auto' most of the time. Discuss :p

·
Registered
322 Posts
Great reviews. Have just ordered 4 nr Michelin sport 4S from Blackcircles today with discount code MICH10 - £171 all in per tyre with a mobile fitter (£684 total). Tuesday fitment. :)

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
jonnieb2018 said:
Great reviews. Have just ordered 4 nr Michelin sport 4S from Blackcircles today with discount code MICH10 - £171 all in per tyre with a mobile fitter (£684 total). Tuesday fitment. :)
Did you go for XL or AO/standard? XL must be slightly noisier on road.

·
Registered
421 Posts
jonnieb2018 said:
These are fantastic tyres and that's a great price!

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
carlsicesilverTT said:
jonnieb2018 said:
For me, XL all the way. For a car that does 150+ it makes sense

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
jonnieb2018 said:
Yes, just use the discount code for the month of June MICH10

No reference other than:

Reinforced = XL

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I don't think Michelin has never been an OEM tire supplier for TTS... but if so, right spec should be R01 and not AO

carlsicesilverTT said:

41 - 60 of 106 Posts