Audi TT Forum banner
101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Tuscan12 said:
I would rather drive on warn set of Michelin over a new set of Pirelli, Bridgestone, Hankook as Michelin seam to be the only manufacturer who design and develop their tyres to be good from the first mm to the last mm
Not saying Michelin are a bad tyre but what you wrote above is incorrect and you also cant spell :lol:

*seem

·
Registered
194 Posts
Tyre question for my TDI front wheel drive. 20" tyres.

My car has Nankangs on the rear which are relatively new (put on by the previous owner). On the front I have Yokohamas which I think must've been there from new, which are due to be replaced about now.

Should I be putting 2 new Nankangs on the front, so all four tyres are the same?

Of course the right answer is to replace all four with something more premium, but I'd rather not do that (the Nangkangs are fine for the way I drive frankly).

Thoughts on mixing tyres up?

·
Registered
22 Posts
aeroflott said:
Should I be putting 2 new Nankangs on the front, so all four tyres are the same?

Thoughts on mixing tyres up?
Naturally, the proper answer is put 4 of the best that you can afford on it, but that's not always possible or required. Nothing wrong with the Nankangs if it's just trundling up and down the motorway. I've actually has Nankangs on other cars and found them ok tbh...

I've just puked £677 on 4 x MPS4's and a full laser alignment (with free alignment checks for the next 2 years) :eek:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Resurrecting an old thread here to understand the current choice of tyres people are currently running, Finding my Yokohama Advan sport a little noisy although apart from that generally ok in other aspects.

Whilst the standard fitment on a 20 inch rim is 255/30/20, has anyone had experience of running a slightly higher profile tyre, i.e. 35/ 40, would a 35 fit the arch without much rubbing?

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Vorsprung20 said:
Resurrecting an old thread here to understand the current choice of tyres people are currently running, Finding my Yokohama Advan sport a little noisy although apart from that generally ok in other aspects.
Tried the Advan's, P Zero's and M Pilot Sport. For all round performance the Michelin get my vote and the only tyres that have not lost grip when pushed. They also seem to be giving longer life

101 - 106 of 106 Posts