Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Recently bought my first TT (& my first Audi) - 2.0 45TSFI, brand new on 5 May! Loved the first 10 days - everything I was hoping.

And I'd like to be able to say it was still going well - but on 15 May, with just 400 miles on the clock, the engine management warning light went bonkers! :eek:

Audi dealer had a look, and now say it will need a replacement turbo! [smiley=bigcry.gif]

Am I just seriously unlucky, and once they've replaced it (all under warranty of course), all will be well? Or do I need to be more concerned - do they need to take the engine out to replace, and can I ever trust that once they've done the work, it will be as good as new?

I'm within my rights to return & get another car - but that will mean more months of waiting, and I'd rather not do that. Dealer has ordered the new turbo unit - could take 2 weeks to arrive from Germany they say.

I'd welcome thoughts & suggestions please - no experience of Audi at all.

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,091 Posts
Hi Nex, Welcome to the TTF.
It's under warranty & you will get a courtesy car so let Audi do their stuff & pray.
Some Audi dealers are better than others, let's hope yours is one of the better ones.
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hoggy said:
It's under warranty & you will get a courtesy car so let Audi do their stuff & pray.
Some Audi dealers are better than others, let's hope yours is one of the better ones.
Thanks Hoggy. Yeah - no problem with the dealer so far, they've been very quick off the mark (especially as it's my local dealer, not the one I bought the car from) - they've sorted me with a monster Q5 50 eTron thing for as long as needed, and even sent a bunch of flowers. Nice touch!

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,091 Posts
nex said:
Hoggy said:
Thanks Hoggy. Yeah - no problem with the dealer so far, they've been very quick off the mark (especially as it's my local dealer, not the one I bought the car from) - they've sorted me with a monster Q5 50 eTron thing for as long as needed, and even sent a bunch of flowers. Nice touch!
Hi, Looking good then 8)

·
Registered
83,847 Posts
Welcome :p

·
Registered
8 Posts
all done by now I guess but there's no point in fitting a new turbo until you find out why the existing one failed like oil starvation , blocked pipe even someone might have moved or altered something important

1 - 6 of 6 Posts