Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there everybody.

Although me and my partner are heavily into Vintage VWs (we have a 1968 Camper, a 1972 Crewcab pick up and a 1972 VW squareback variant) My partner has decided to invest some of her ill gotten gains on something that actually is actually watercooled therefore has heating !

We obviously looked around for a suitable VW but cannot pull ourselves away from the TT as a car of choice (I suppose it is still part of the VAG group :wink: )

We have between 7K and 9K to spend and would like a coupe either 225 or 180. Being a lady she wants either red, black or silver :roll: but apart from that she is completely open minded.

What should we look out for? I know obvious things like the recall with Spoiler etc and would look for this and of course Cambelt changes every 60K or so, but is there anything else we should be wary of? What regularly breaks on them?

Is it beyond the realms of reason to expect an 04 for this money, are they all Quattro and can you expect 25-30 to the gallon (don't worry, we are used to 19 to the gallon !)

Great Forum by the way.

Ta

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well good luck with the TT search, I bought a 55reg TT QS about a month ago, love it.

I know what you mean about the VW's. Last year I had a 56 Splitscreen but sold it and now have a 69 Rat-Look Early Squareback, love it :).

See you at some of the VW shows if you are about (will be at Battlesbridge, Stonor and hopefull at Elemental VW but I will at T3D on the 10th getting my new seats fitted)

Seton

·
Registered
494 Posts
Hello [smiley=mexicanwave.gif]

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Welcome along to TTF :)

·
Registered
84,371 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.