Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally cleaned the car and took some new pics. These really show the finish, and stance, well.

19x8 MSW Type 16 in Titanium Mirror
245/35-19 Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110
(H&R sport springs)

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
I'm sorry, they're not my cup of tea, but that's probably because it's a very different route from the normal wheels you see on TT's. The rest of the car is gorgeous though. Nice deep reflections in the panels and you take a good photograph too.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone.

The Hankook tires are a bit softer than most in the segment, but that's not a bad thing. I knew that going in.
Wet grip has been phenomenal, and dry grip has been good. Even though they aren't fully broken in, I'm no longer spinning through 2nd gear under partial throttle (Stage I tune + FWD.)
I'd say for a car I don't track, they are a great blend of performance and comfort.

Here's a test that gives you everything you need to know:
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/com ... ison_tests

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mitchy said:
I'm not a fan, I think the spokes are too narrow and make the car 'softer' looking

Nice pics though 8)
Thanks.

I really don't expect many people here to like them - they aren't the 19" split-7 or 10" 5 spokes that everyone seems to prefer (which I do also like.)

·
Registered
108 Posts
diskreet said:
Mitchy said:
I'm not a fan, I think the spokes are too narrow and make the car 'softer' looking

Nice pics though 8)
Thanks.

I really don't expect many people here to like them - they aren't the 19" split-7 or 10" 5 spokes that everyone seems to prefer (which I do also like.)
I quite like them - they look light.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Agree - I like them also - I like a deeply offset wheel like that. They must indeed be easier to clean. I've ordered a set of Cargraphic 19" Racing 9" X 19" three pieces wheels, similar to the BBS LM (which is two piece). I just know they are going to be a b*tch to clean.

Did you need spacers to fit them? What is the full specification of the wheel?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.