Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I finally brought a Mk2 at the weekend (black with cream leather), but I am unsure what wheels to put on it? At present it has 18" turbines and these are in immaculate condition but not sure whether to upgrade to rs4 wheels (I think they are called rs4's), Rotiforms or TTS wheels!

I have what I think are called rs4's on my A5 in 20's but these take an hour to clean from front to back and so unsure whether I want to spend 2 hours every weekend cleaning this style of wheel but what are you guys running on yours and what are your thoughts on Rotiforms????

Also what size wheels are you running without playing around with lowering etc?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Same boat as you, sort of.

I'm in the process of taking off my turbines and either storing or selling them as I've just bought a set of 19" RS4s in gloss black (won't be staying gloss black though - most likely a bright silver as the car is silver)

19x9 et52 with 255/35/R19Y are the OEM Audi sizes and will go straight on with brake clearance, no ribbing etc.

Just need somewhere to get tyres from without paying a fortune!

·
Registered
90 Posts
sneath1 said:
Hi all, I finally brought a Mk2 at the weekend (black with cream leather), but I am unsure what wheels to put on it? At present it has 18" turbines and these are in immaculate condition but not sure whether to upgrade to rs4 wheels (I think they are called rs4's), Rotiforms or TTS wheels!

I have what I think are called rs4's on my A5 in 20's but these take an hour to clean from front to back and so unsure whether I want to spend 2 hours every weekend cleaning this style of wheel but what are you guys running on yours and what are your thoughts on Rotiforms????

Pretty sure my wheels are RS4's. They are 19's and I reckon they look pretty good. On the S-Line, speed bumps are not my friend however...

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your car looks nice, yes they are the wheels!! The old mk1 had 19's and that was a nightmare and they have just put speed bumps on the road off my close so I wanted to avoid having to virtually come to a stand when approaching speed bumps :(

Has it changed the handling much going from 18's to 19's?

·
Registered
90 Posts
sneath1 said:
Your car looks nice, yes they are the wheels!! The old mk1 had 19's and that was a nightmare and they have just put speed bumps on the road off my close so I wanted to avoid having to virtually come to a stand when approaching speed bumps :(

Cheers Sneath. I bought the car with the 19's on so I wouldn't be able to comment.

One thing I will say is, I turned 25 a couple of weeks ago and picked the car up the day after my birthday. Since then, I have had 2 days off work due to severe back pain!! I'm pretty sure its aggravated an old injury, but still, mid life crisis or what!

Also, I live in Yorkshire, so there are some great driving roads. However, some of the speed bumps here need to be crawled over to avoid bottoming the car.

In my eyes, still worth it!

Let me know how you get on.

·
Registered
74 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
sneath1 said:

Which Rotiform wheels? The NUE are cool, but may look too 'heavy' for the TT. TTRS wheels would be easy to clean its that your thing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the minty1 said:
sneath1 said:

Which Rotiform wheels? The NUE are cool, but may look too 'heavy' for the TT. TTRS wheels would be easy to clean its that your thing.
I am thinking either the NUE or the BLQ super concave :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lucatillio said:
sneath1 said:

Cheers Sneath. I bought the car with the 19's on so I wouldn't be able to comment.

One thing I will say is, I turned 25 a couple of weeks ago and picked the car up the day after my birthday. Since then, I have had 2 days off work due to severe back pain!! I'm pretty sure its aggravated an old injury, but still, mid life crisis or what!

Also, I live in Yorkshire, so there are some great driving roads. However, some of the speed bumps here need to be crawled over to avoid bottoming the car.

In my eyes, still worth it!

Let me know how you get on.
25 and back problems, you need a masseuse!!! Need to get it detailed but will upload some pictures when its done, weather permitting. Keep us posted on your wheels!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts