Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys looking high or low for my first TT afeter a 225 with all the bits n bobs, i came from a clio 182 and the 180 break didnt seembquick enough, now i nearly bought one last. Ight with great history and 111k but when i got there he forgot to mention the dash clusters were faulty and thanks to this wrbsite i avoided it so thanks for the heads up allready :D im off on holiday in a week and when im back i will be purchasing my firt TT no doubt, any way life story over first thing. Wanted to do is lower it now ive never had a lowered car and havnt a clue about it, is a low car with negative camber cool or stupid ? Just wanted to know the basics any way thanks for your time i youve read this haha

Kind regards

Nathan....

·
Registered
228 Posts
Its personal preference really. Do what you're going to like as you're the one driving it every day. I personally feel the lower the better and will be looking at fitting air ride at some point in the future so I can lay frame. I'm also a fan of rear camber, but nothing too silly. But I'm not really into fast driving or the dynamics of a car. If it gets me round a corner, I'm happy, so its low and slow for me.
If you like racing or practicality, i.e. you live down a road with speed bumps, you might want to think twice about going that low. And if you want to go fast and grip, then you should probably think about higher end suspension and less about 'moar lows'.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
... ^^ what he said! ^^ ...
... it's all down to personal taste- there are purists out there who want it to remain OEM and are looking to own a future classic and there are low riders out there scraping their sumps and smashing their front bumpers to blazes over speed bumps ...
... it's what works for you, and for most it will be somewhere inbetween- hopefully once you find what you're looking for, you'll find your own natural direction- and remember, the plans you have when you start usually tend to snowball... :eek:

...You'll find some great advice on here, and hopefully whatever you decide you enjoy the experience and feel a part of the community here on the forum ...
:p

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
...what they said :p

but, there are many options, so before you rush into mod'ing, buy the right car so you have a solid foundation to work on. Then drive it for a while so you get to know the car, then you can start adding your personal touches. There are plenty of threads on here with folks showing their mods, take a look, read as much as you can, then start to plan and build :)

Good luck...Oh, and welcome :)

Neil

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.