Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all!
I cant say ive been thinking about a TT for ages...because i havnt,i typed in mint in a search enging and up it came,and 24 hours later i owned one.
ITs i believe a denim blue one with grey leather.
I travelled 200 miles to get it,yesterday and everthing was going well till my gut feeling told me it was flat mid range.After stopping at services for a coffee with a long face,got back in the car and continued the first thing i noticed was that there didnt seem to be any power to the radio at first,then it came on.a little further and on came the engine management light.Feeling sick continued,but..the performance seemed to improve,which i cant put my finger on why but it definatly seemed to.although I could be wrong.
Even after turning off the ignition the light stayed on.
The only other fault i found was the washers dont work which i assumed would be at worse the pump.
The stereo is a jvc after market and will be pulling it out today to put in the parrott if its not too cold.
I once had a passat and have somewhere an old obd11 interface (serial port)will that work on my 180 tt?Not sure if i have the vag software any more will have to dig deep.
Theres a boost gauge fitted to and if im reading it right goes up to about 4,is that right?
Anyway Hello and thanks in advance

Tried to add pics but will work on it later

http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/jj18 ... ffea_4.jpg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,479 Posts
demin said:
Morning all!
I cant say ive been thinking about a TT for ages...because i havnt,i typed in mint in a search enging and up it came,and 24 hours later i owned one.
ITs i believe a denim blue one with greay leather.
I travelled 200 miles to get it,yesterday and everthing was going well till my gut feeling told me it was flat mid range.After stopping at services for a coffee with a long face,got back in the car and continued the first thing i noticed was that there didnt seem to be any power to the radio at first,then it came on.a little further and on came the engine management light.Feeling sick continued,but..the performance seemed to improve,which i cant put my finger on why but it definatly seemed to.although I could be wrong.
Even after turning off the ignition the light stayed on.
The only other fault i found was the washers dont work which i assumed would be at worse the pump.
The stereo is a jvc after market and will be pulling it out today to put in the parrott if its not too cold.
I once has a passat and have somewhere an old obd interface (serial port)will that work on my 180 tt?Not sure if i have the vag software any more will have to dig deep.
Anyway Hello and thanks in advance

Tried to add pics but will work on it later

http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/jj18 ... ffea_4.jpg
Hi demin and welcome

Can I just say first of all, that this is the perfect way not to buy a TT or any car for that matter - no offence!

With a TT you need to do a little research beforehand (service history, owner history, etc) as an abused TT can be costly to rectify. But you're definitely in the right place for help :) tell us all a little more about what you know about the car and I'm sure we can put you "on the road to recovery" (pun) .. sorry about that! :roll: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I couldnt even get my user name right either! :D
And your right!
There is a good service history with the car,the last record is under 2000 miles ago which was suppossed to have been a big service although havnt had time to assesss or check yet.The clock/date is set to defaul so the battery has been off.77,000 miles showing.
Im in with both feet now and ebjoy a challenge,its always a learning curve and at this stage still think ive got a good en,although i wasnt expecting to part with any more £££ just yet.
Im reasonably capable and hopeful i can sort it myself without it getting to expensive.
one thing thats springing to mind is the maf,but too early to be sure.I know nothing about tt's yet but im sure thats going to change fast!

Thanks to RIK-e for sorting the pics.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,244 Posts
Hello demin :wink:

Welcome to the forum! Research prior to getting the car is advisable but u know what..now that u have it,screw it! Enjoy ur car,its lovely mate! And everyones posts will most probably sort ur hiccups out!

All the best

Suraj
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,246 Posts
I just jumped in to tt's aswell! posts on here have answered all things that have come so far,so just enjoy it,and keep coming back to forum.nice looking motor,by the way :p
cheers
Jon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84,230 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
84,230 Posts
Forgot to say Welcome :p have a look here ww.ttoc.co.uk you might want to join :p :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
84,230 Posts
demin said:
eightfoot said:
Theproblem is theengine management light is on,and not sure its pulling as well as it should.The boost guage also only seems to go to 4.Ill post a pic later to clarify.
So its a dump valve? how do it return it to stock?Is it adjustable?could this be my problem?
Thanks again!
Did you not see my post :?: you need to replace it with a diverter valve or the Forge split R have a look here www.forgemotorsport.co.uk the DV007P is a good choice
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
561 Posts
demin said:
eightfoot said:
The problem is the engine management light is on,and not sure its pulling as well as it should.The boost guage also only seems to go to 4.Ill post a pic later to clarify.
So its a dump valve? how do it return it to stock?Is it adjustable?could this be my problem?
Thanks again!
have a look at front page for wak's how to,you will get good info from there
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
638 Posts
Hi and Welcome, Sounds like the problems you're experiencing are being caused by that dump valve.

The TT has a closed loop turbo system which requires the charge air to be bypassed back through the system for optimum running conditions. You need to get yourself a Diverter Valve in its place.

Forge 007P is a good choice, Bailey DV30 is what I run and have never had any problems with, Hyperboost do another, these are what people tend to use.

If its a whooshing noise you're after, try the Forge Split-R, this is a combination of diverter and dump valve.

Whatever your choice, just get that dump valve off.

Hope you get it sorted.
Rhys. 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
dogsoldier20 said:
Hi and Welcome, Sounds like the problems you're experiencing are being caused by that dump valve.

The TT has a closed loop turbo system which requires the charge air to be bypassed back through the system for optimum running conditions. You need to get yourself a Diverter Valve in its place.

Forge 007P is a good choice, Bailey DV30 is what I run and have never had any problems with, Hyperboost do another, these are what people tend to use.

If its a whooshing noise you're after, try the Forge Split-R, this is a combination of diverter and dump valve.

Whatever your choice, just get that dump valve off.

Hope you get it sorted.
Rhys. 8)
What is it that should be there stock? Can i not just put it back how it should be?What would i need?

Got it i need one of these...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORGE-FMCL007P-AU ... dZViewItem

Thanks!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,158 Posts
demin said:
dogsoldier20 said:
Hi and Welcome, Sounds like the problems you're experiencing are being caused by that dump valve.

The TT has a closed loop turbo system which requires the charge air to be bypassed back through the system for optimum running conditions. You need to get yourself a Diverter Valve in its place.

Forge 007P is a good choice, Bailey DV30 is what I run and have never had any problems with, Hyperboost do another, these are what people tend to use.

If its a whooshing noise you're after, try the Forge Split-R, this is a combination of diverter and dump valve.

Whatever your choice, just get that dump valve off.

Hope you get it sorted.
Rhys. 8)
What is it that should be there stock? Can i not just put it back how it should be?What would i need?
You can put it back with a stock DV but you will quickly want to change to something better - a stock DV is about £30, are plastic and are known to go faulty - the diaphragm tends to puncture

the pic below (courtesy of Wak) shows a standard DV (the round thing to the top right). As you can see its in a very different place so putting back to stock may mean some extra hoses to replace any that have been cut/modified... although this pic is of a 225 - I can't find one for a 180
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just been reading the paperwork.
last service,long life and belt @75500 miles now 77500,so no worries there.
Also left in the folder was the ebay paperwork from the advert from the previous owner to the one i got it from and it says 215bhp remap which my seller forgot to mention.
will probably go with the FMCL007P will be stronger with the map.
Are they adjustable? if so how would you know its set right.how do you adjust?
Thanks !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ordered a oo7p off ebay £80 inc post
bluetooth kit done,radio problem done.
just a good buff and polish today to do.

I assume when ive fitted the divertor i just reset the management light by removing the battery for the duration of a coffee?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
536 Posts
welcome mate.
first things first get rid of that dump valve and get a forge 007p.
what an ugly dump valve!!!!!!

when i brought my TT a day after the engine management light came on and i lost power also but that was the maf sencer and its all fine now.
just make sure you have proof of master service and get it sorted mate. you wont find the new forge dump valve noisy like that one you got but it does the right job and finaly when you get it sorted..................................................HAVE FUN!!!!!! :lol:
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top