Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here's the thing. Looked at wak-tt how to's and decided to replace faulty MAF myself even though I'm not known for my mechanical expertise. From his pics looks easy enough, however when I got my shiny new one it seems to have an extra bit on it that the sensor is fitted into that was not in pics so let me run this past you all. Disconnect plug as in wak-tt's pics, after removing cover, undo rings and remove hose from either end, unscrew 2 mounting screws, remove old unit, take new unit, fix with 2 mounting screws, connect hose at each end and secure with rings, connect plug, DONE? Is it that easy or am I missing something, anything else I should know? I have a motorcycle mechanic friend coming over to make sure I don't do anything REALLY stupid. Let me know your thoughts chaps & chapettes. BE GENTLE!! lol

·
Registered
84,230 Posts
You have it right mate it is as easy as that :)

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
The only dumb thing you could have done is put the unit in backwards. it is not possible to put the MAF into the housing backwards (because of the way it is shaped) but it is possible to reverse the actual housing when you clip it back in place other than that you should be fine. :wink:

·
Registered
28,018 Posts
Big Dal said:
From his pics looks easy enough, however when I got my shiny new one it seems to have an extra bit on it that the sensor is fitted into that was not in pics so let me run this past you all. Disconnect plug as in wak-tt's pics, after removing cover, undo rings and remove hose from either end, unscrew 2 mounting screws, remove old unit, take new unit, fix with 2 mounting screws, connect hose at each end and secure with rings, connect plug, DONE?
I dont have a how-to for replacing a maf.. and i'm not sure where after removing cover undo rings and remove hose from either end fits in ! :roll:

Assuming you have a standard airbox:-

Follow these instructions to get the airbox lid off
http://www.wak-tt.com/mods/airfilter/airfilter.htm
then undo 2 screws on the lid for the maf housing
replace and refit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.