Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Need a little help if possible? :?

I have read a few posts about rear speakers not working etc but couldnt find much info....

Got home last night and parked on drive with Radio etc all working fine, However when i turned the car over this morning noticed the car had no audi.

I have checked the fuses which all look to be fine and also tried removing the fuse of the head unit and AMP for a few minutes but this has not helped. The radio shows it is playing tracks and CDs etc however no sound.

When I have called someone to test using the Bluetooth hands free they can hear me but I cannot hear anything (Due to the speakers not being on)

Can anyone give me any advice on what to check please?

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Perhaps it's your amp. I had one go once and the rear speakers stopped working. Do you get any buzzing or anything at all if you turnthe volume right up?
I assume perhaps you don't have a warranty as you're asking. If you do I'd take it to an Audi garage.
Good luck whatever.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hello.

I had a similar problem with my Bose system.
Mostly all the speakers were dead, sometimes i could get the door ones to work.
(Turning the headunit on and off a few times solved the problem, but it would always come back)

It was the Bose amp in the boot that was dying. (Audi changed it under warranty, they actually had the same problem on their demo car... apparently they changed it a couple of times :eek: )

Here is a vid of my problem in action:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replys guys....

No the car is no longer under warranty so may be a pricey job I fear :(

I have tried turning it off an on a few times which didnt work however I will give it another shot tomorrow.....

Looks like I will have to get the AMP checked out :cry:

·
Registered
2 Posts
hackers_88 said:
Thanks for the replys guys....

No the car is no longer under warranty so may be a pricey job I fear :(

I have tried turning it off an on a few times which didnt work however I will give it another shot tomorrow.....

Looks like I will have to get the AMP checked out :cry:
Having the same problem myself now!
Was it the Amp then?
thanks

·
Registered
148 Posts
Having had problems with the Bose amp myself I've spent a bit of time researching this, as well as talking to Audi. I would say, from experience and what I've learned, is that the amp dies progressively, by this I mean rear speakers fail, then the base - I hadn't come across a case where the whole system just dies.

The amp itself seems to suffer from corrosion, I stripped mine to see what was going on, and it was in a horrid state - although I tried to clean it up, this just caused the whole amp to die and then I had nothing - no music or base.

In the end I sourced one from here but that's easier said than done, they seem few and far between. Whilst there wasn't when I was looking, there are two on ebay now which are complete sets including speakers - just beware as you may end up in the same position again if the amps started to go the same way.

I'm sending my old amp to someone who repairs Bose amps for the Honda NSX, not sure on the history of these but it sounds like it goes the same way as the TT Bose amp. No guarantees he'll be able to recover it, but he's seen the pictures of mine and clearly knows his stuff - so watch this space I guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.