Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
10,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've just had my renewal letter come through from Noel Dazely this morning...

Last year my premium was £575, this years renewal is...

£960 :eek:

So that made me laugh for a start, but what the letter had at the bottom was even funnier.

Your current insurers are no longer at all competitiv, but no need to worry! We have numerous other cheaper markets to offer you. I await your call.
Now forgive me for thinking they might want my business, but what was stopping them finding that cheaper market or quote or whatever and including that as my renewal quote and not the joke of a price stated above. Why do I now have to waste my time ringing them and then I assume having to wait for them to ring round and then get back to me with a better offer?

Am I not right to expect just a little customer service and for me to not have to jump through hoops to get a decent price?

Now I have a history with Noel Dazely and their non existant customer service, so this actually isn't as much a suprise as I am making out, maybe I was just hoping for them to prove me wrong.

Basically, Noel Dazely can shove their quote up their arse!

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Nem said:
So I've just had my renewal letter come through from Noel Dazely this morning...

Last year my premium was £575, this years renewal is...

£960 :eek:

So that made me laugh for a start, but what the letter had at the bottom was even funnier.

Your current insurers are no longer at all competitiv, but no need to worry! We have numerous other cheaper markets to offer you. I await your call.
Now forgive me for thinking they might want my business, but what was stopping them finding that cheaper market or quote or whatever and including that as my renewal quote and not the joke of a price stated above. Why do I now have to waste my time ringing them and then I assume having to wait for them to ring round and then get back to me with a better offer?

Am I not right to expect just a little customer service and for me to not have to jump through hoops to get a decent price?

Now I have a history with Noel Dazely and their non existant customer service, so this actually isn't as much a suprise as I am making out, maybe I was just hoping for them to prove me wrong.

Basically, Noel Dazely can shove their quote up their arse!
Mate, i detest insurance companies with furious passion.

They are up there with the loan sharks, yardies and Gordon Brown.

That is a ridiculous hike in your premium, is it justified... like have you just been busted for speeding or simply moved to an area they dont like?

I was quoted 2 grand by quoteline direct and my response was to ask if my call is being recorded, (which it was) then i very simply asked the guy if he was actually taking the pi55, followed by "you can ram your quote up your...." you get the general picture.

I settled with the AA of all people..... quoted me 580 and were more efficient, friendly and helpful than ive ever experienced.

I hate this rip off state were stuck in.

Good luck with your insurance quest mate

·
Registered
16,672 Posts
I suppose most of us will be getting dearer quotes this year,due to the bad winter we have had, i always go on to a compare web site and check for prices, i know its a ball ache every year , but you can save some money,
in the last 6 years i have had 3 different insurance companys

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Ridiculous!

If that was me I would instantly discount Noel Dazely and their services, I don't insure with them and seeing incidents like yours would put me off even contacting them. They should provide you with the best quote possible at your time for renewal, if they don't do that then the only reason for it can be they want more money out of you or hope you just cough up the hike. I would give them one chance, tell them it isn't acceptable and if they don't come up with a competitive quote then you're going elsewhere.

·
Registered
11,940 Posts
I use them for two of my cars and both quotes very pretty high till I screwed them down on the price

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
I had exactly the same letter Nick, back in October - my quote had almost doubled too.

Suffice to say I am now with Chris Knott and having just put in a claim within the last week and a half - I am having my car fixed by Audi on Monday = Happy Charlie :) They also included Nic (8 years my junior and business insurance for no additional charge :)

Also ND told me that the reason for the increase was that LV had bought Highways and retracted the offers that had been available - funny then that I am insured with LV via Chris Knott. I hate being lied to.

Charlie

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
i had similar several years ago with Norwich Union they were great with a claim i had and as im not one for changing i stayed with them not noticing the gentle price climb
and i had a quote for nearly £600 not a lot you say but this was for a poxey BMW 325i cabriolet on a K... so i got rid and and went without for a year until i bought current TT..desired another driving toy so searched for insurance for..TVR/LOTUS/BMW/MERCS/TT and was delighted to find Saga were around half of Norwich Unions last quote...
i hope i never have to test out the claims number.
so as far as i can see they wait until you have been with them a couple of years and up goes the price
as for price comparison its all rubbish car insurance is like car tax.....a scheme for money making its something you HAVE to have and as for "you get what you pay for" well not always

·
Premium Member
14,448 Posts
I can understand insurance going up every year ( apart from a bad year claims wise followed by a low year claims wise). However what I will never understand is why if I haven't had a claim since I bumped into a Roman chariot and knocked a wheel off and bent its axle why I have to pay for everybody else's accident since. :x I never had an accident last year snow or no snow. I never had an accident as other did driving like a dick in the ice and snow. I wasnt unlucky enough to have an accident which resulted in a claim and havent had for god knows how many years. So how am I rewarded.... They want to screw me for everybody else's accidents that's what. :twisted: If we have a mild winter next year and I don't have a claim and the number of accidents are way down on this years will they reduce my premium, will they b*&%&ks like. :evil: I have NEVER had a renewal premium quote with the same company lower than the previous year since I hit full no claims bonus many years ago. [smiley=argue.gif]

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
And as Britain sinks further and further on the world stage, still lots of our companies have never heard of 'customer service', 'competitive pricing', or 'good communication'. When does it end? I'll tell ya; when we're at the bottom of the frickin heap.

And on an equally downbeat note (sorry, on this first summer's day) if you think that the recession is over in England, think again. When the election is over, to overcome our massive debt, ANY new government has to bring in extremely painful fiscal policies that will hit everyone HARD. Tax increases in all areas for everyone, and pay freezes for the public sector will lead to strikes - as we are beginning to see now with Royal Mail and BA (I know they're private companies, but not too far removed), but on a much bigger scale. I hope I'm wrong. Enjoy the sun....

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
The best broker I've ever dealt with by far is A-Plan.

No call centres, no call queues, always answer the phone after 2 or 3 rings and in the rare event of everyone being busy they DO call back in the next few mins and their service is brilliant even after they have your money which is usually where most companies FAIL, big time!

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
My insurance renewal just came through at £750, up from £650 last year. Called A-plan and they said they could discount it to £720 ish. Haven't found anyone cheaper as yet.

I callled Chris Knott & they said to get my best quote and call them with it, then they will see if they can beat it, which I will do in the week.

General concensus seems to be premiums are up by 10% this year :x

·
Premium Member
14,448 Posts
Tim G said:
My insurance renewal just came through at £750, up from £650 last year. Called A-plan and they said they could discount it to £720 ish. Haven't found anyone cheaper as yet.

I callled Chris Knott & they said to get my best quote and call them with it, then they will see if they can beat it, which I will do in the week.

When you call them knock £10 to £20 off your best quote as most company's will only under cut it by £10 IME :wink:

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
les said:
Tim G said:

When you call them knock £10 to £20 off your best quote as most company's will only under cut it by £10 IME :wink:
Yeah, I ve had the same in the past. Companies sometimes say they want quote references & company names though so they can check the numbers to see if the client was just making it up! I wonder if they can/ would actually check?

·
Premium Member
14,448 Posts
Tim G said:
les said:
Tim G said:

Yeah, I ve had the same in the past. Companies sometimes say they want quote references & company names though so they can check the numbers to see if the client was just making it up! I wonder if they can/ would actually check?
Never been asked that and if I was I would simply tell them can you beat it or not as i'm not playing games and they don't need to know who gave me it. Just simply say that's my best quote if you can;'t beat it fine I will go with them. I think insurance company's share info but why would they share quotes as they don't want another taking away a customer :?

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I've recently got 6 points and have just renewed my insurance, was amazed to find after usual internet search my renewal quote was the cheapest at £470.

First time thats ever happened :?

Wonder if its because of the points and my current insurer knowing the risk better (not had an accident for ages and have more than one vehicle insured with them).

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
I also had the same letter mate, although mine didn't even include a renewal just asked me to ring them.

Their admin errors, of which there have been several, just put me off anyway. The worst latest was losing a list of all my mods so only half were covered and deleting a yr off my ncb and I had to prove it by explaining how they had had my policy for 2 yrs but the ncb hadn't changed.

They sorted it but then sent proof of ncb (for new insurer) stillwith the wrong number.

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Hark said:
I also had the same letter mate, although mine didn't even include a renewal just asked me to ring them.

Their admin errors, of which there have been several, just put me off anyway. The worst latest was losing a list of all my mods so only half were covered and deleting a yr off my ncb and I had to prove it by explaining how they had had my policy for 2 yrs but the ncb hadn't changed.

They sorted it but then sent proof of ncb (for new insurer) stillwith the wrong number.
Matt, I've got a zero tolerance attitude towards people who don't know how to run a business and give poor service. If we all did that, then standards would have to improve. Be a lot of companies go to the wall on the way mind!

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
Hate to go off on a tangent.... but at the end of the day insurance prices are the way they are now because of the influx of "where there's blame there's a claim" culture... how many people have you heard of that's had the tinyiest of prangs and claim for every unprovable injury imaginable !!!!! granted alot just say "well everyone else is doing it" which they are... but getting £3000 (last one i got told about) for sitting in A&E saying you have a stiff neck. (and whiplash cannot be proved) then going home and having a couple of weeks off spending some money and going shopping because you know you have a fat cheque arriving..... think insurance companies should look into false injury claims alot more... or in many instances just ban it all together..... unless it's serious....

i mean really all you need to do is take a day off work and watch the adverts !!!!!! every other one is "injury laywers for you" ect... and why aren't these adverts on in the evening at peak times... when a majority of the working public can see them?????? because their aimed at the layabouts.......

In addition to this.... the insurance for the cars will componsate the hudge losses on housing insurance also... (easier to do that way) and lets be honest.... it's not the first time money from motorists isn't being used on motorists.... have you seen the tax on petrol and road tax.... where's all that get spent???????? as it's certainly not on any roads near me !!!!!!!! :twisted:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.