Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I was stopped today by an undercover 5series police car and told that if I don't take my German style plates off and get stopped a second time for them!, then Dvla will take them off of me and I will incur a charge to get them back!.

I asked the officer why he just didn't warn me and not give me the fine?.
He says it's Dvla that is enforcing this and he and I are being watched by big brother!.
Ie his on board camera!.
Also have to pay £60 fine

Anyway around it ?.

·
Registered
31,647 Posts
wireless said:
Hello all,

I was stopped today by an undercover 5series police car and told that if I don't take my German style plates off and get stopped a second time for them!, then Dvla will take them off of me and I will incur a charge to get them back!.

I asked the officer why he just didn't warn me and not give me the fine?.
He says it's Dvla that is enforcing this and he and I are being watched by big brother!.
Ie his on board camera!.
Also have to pay £60 fine

Anyway around it ?.
Yes easy don't break the law. :wink:

Gutted for you.

LordG71 said:
....any recommendations for companies providing legal pressed plates?
This provider sells legal pressed plates.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/paulroad123/m ... ksid=p3692

·
Banned
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Been stopped by a different BMW weeks ago and he didnt say anything about the plates!.

Been followed many times and never did they pull me after fiding out the car is insured/MOT'D and taxed.

I bet summer is the time is when they run out of revenue and start taking the piss and pulling innocent motorists when they should be fitting real crime!. [smiley=knife.gif]

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I suppose the problem is that by the letter of the law you are not an innocent motorist though. Not saying I agree with it but the guy is just doing his job - one that they get little thanks for these days.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hi,can't see the attraction myself,after serving for 15 years in Germany and having German pressed plates I found them a pain to keep clean with splattered bugs etc....where as a plastic uk plate wipes clean or is it a case of wanting to be different ? Because that is what dvla doesn't like and more to the point the APNR machines :roll:

If we are honest we all know that playing with the font and the spacing is just waiting for a tug by the old bill some of us get away with it others dont :?:

Each to there own :p

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm running German Pressed Plates from craigsplates in Ireland, I've been stopped once, but carry my uk plates in the boot. A quick swap of plates in front of said officers and nothing more was said! Left it a few weeks and swapped them back!

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Red-tt said:
Because that is what dvla doesn't like and more to the point the APNR machines :roll:
The pedantic in me wants to point out its ANPR but i wont embarass myself for being so foolish - so I wont :wink:

Brian

·
Banned
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
True stuey, funny thing the law :lol:

Cheers elite0777

Will check them out but not till pay day as I've just forked out for a new turbo :(
Bills bills and wt "oops" more bills!.

Redtt, I think it's the apnr that cannot catch the font which is what piggy wiggy told me!. :wink:

Shame as I really like my plates and looks great on a German car with the D emblem :) although mass produced in hungry the car looks nice with my plates and people do mistake it for a German produced motor!.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Tritium said:
Red-tt said:
Because that is what dvla doesn't like and more to the point the APNR machines :roll:
The pedantic in me wants to point out its ANPR but i wont embarass myself for being so foolish - so I wont :wink:

Brian
Opps to late eh :!:

Yep typo got me :roll: ...I'm blaming my iPad ...bloody touch screens :D

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
Look on the bright side Wireless................. [smiley=book2.gif] .......................hang on, I'll get back to you on that one......... :D

·
Banned
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Such is life Merlin oh buddy :)

Will replace my plate all th same as these idiots won't let it go and stop me and fine me as even take my and I say my plates I paid for and charge me to get them
Back!, that's not even my pressed plates but the paper work!.

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
wireless said:
Such is life Merlin oh buddy :)

Will replace my plate all th same as these idiots won't let it go and stop me and fine me as even take my and I say my plates I paid for and charge me to get them
Back!, that's not even my pressed plates but the paper work!.
I do feel for you mate but I'm on such a high this week, sorry my mood is stupid and childish [smiley=baby.gif] but my babe is going into Midlands VW on Thursday for repair and loads of other bits to make sure she is in top dog condition, cant wait......... [smiley=sunny.gif]

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.