Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been doing some interesting tests with the So called flexible Map that REVO say they have...

Now running my car with the RS4 maf causes the following issues

1. Knock on all cylinders.. Even reving from idle
2. High Reving whilst changing gear (revs wont drop)
3. on Idle every few minutes it will start to Rev on its on...
4. Missfiring on Cylinder 4
On wastegate spring boost I was seeing knock counts of up to 11 before any boost came in....

I decided to get hold of a stock TT Mass Air flow meterand after a few minutes of it relearning itself all the above issues resolved themselves...

Im thinking that no matter what REVO say that the Stock Bosch ECU can not in its current parameters calculate the Air flow readings hence its reading knock on the cylinders?

Flexible mapping My Ass :D

·
Registered
904 Posts
There's no way a map can learn what maf you are running... Its needs a reference to base it's flow from, it might be able to adapt a little, but re-scale a whole map table...nah....

I could understand flexible mapping with something like fuel injectors as it has a based ( lambda ) to work off. If its too rich it reduces the injector constant and vice versa.

What do revo claim it does?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
s3tt said:
There's no way a map can learn what maf you are running... Its needs a reference to base it's flow from, it might be able to adapt a little, but re-scale a whole map table...nah....

I could understand flexible mapping with something like fuel injectors as it has a based ( lambda ) to work off. If its too rich it reduces the injector constant and vice versa.

What do revo claim it does?
Exactly what I was thinking...REVO claimed that with there MAP and Audi type of Mass Air flow meter can learn itself within the ECU Paramters its set...

I've just really proven that point that it dosent! It dosent throw a check light but to be honest in the scale of drivability it dosent at all and im not running my car with it on until it goes for a custom map with a clean base file to work from.

·
Registered
667 Posts
2nd - where does revo say this?

RS4 MAF (all of it? not just housing?) straight swap for TT MAF for no software change?

nah.... thats not how they work....

some wires crossed somewhere I hope... scaling is way different as is the sensor inside.. it will not "just adapt and learn"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts