Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After starting a thread last week named "BUILD WEEK 12 Here at last" I found out today that my car isnt actually built yet, was never confirmed build week 12 and is actually scheduled for week 16!!

I had suspected this after getting different info from the dealers, and different information from Audi UK... Turns out Audi UK were correct, and the dealer were telling me the wrong info! (no idea why - after I told them about the difference in info and asked them to check it out)

I only found this out after going down to the dealers in person and speaking to the sales manager!

G

·
Shogbert, sorry to hear about your TT fella. :?
Sounds all too familiar to me though - without wanting to add further gloom to the situation.

Is BW12 now then?? or has it gone??
[I am not sure what dates relates to what BW]

So if you are being told its BW16, obviously 4 weeks later, then when is that likely to be??

Without pissing on your chips further, will it not be a couple of weeks after its build week that it'll land in the UK?? I could be wrong so don't want to make the matter worse.

Hey, at least you have a BW! :cry:

[smiley=thumbsup.gif] You'll be OK fella. Fancy arranging a group buy with Milltek with me while you wait???! :lol:

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm in BW16....it's w/c 14th April. Not a date that I've memorised or anything :lol:

·
Registered
73 Posts
If it's any consolation mate the exact same thing has happened to me! I was told I had a build week of 11 but that has now been pushed back to week 15 (week commencing 7th April). It seems that this is happening to quite a few people...

·
Registered
406 Posts
I'll try and assist with the Build Week thing:

Week No * Commencing

12 17th March
13 24th March
14 31st March
15 7th April
16 14th April
17 21st April
18 28th April
19 5th May
20 12th May
21 19th May
22 26th May
23 2nd June
24 9th June
25 16th June
26 23rd June
27 30 June

And so on.... [smiley=zzz.gif]

·
Registered
112 Posts
boo-hoo-hoo :cry: you are getting a brand new TT. Be happy you have more time to get excited about it! Yeah, i can understand your dissapointment, but you sit in a mighty fine position having such a beautiful car - to be yours! - on its way! be positive mate.

·
Registered
482 Posts
The quarter is almost over and they must have met their targets so they're probably slowing output down.
There was a rush to get cars built before the end of March to meet targets I guess.
Not to rub it in or anything but I gained as my car was brought forward a couple of weeks. Should have it by the weekend :p :p

·
Registered
73 Posts
Martin L said:
Not to rub it in or anything but I gained as my car was brought forward a couple of weeks. Should have it by the weekend :p :p
Jammy bugger! :D

·
Registered
180 Posts
sorry to hear that........ stealers know "nowt"

I got mine just over a week ago, but i was not expecting it until this week ( or over Easter)
Dealer called me a couple of weeks ago and said its on the ship you can have it on Wednesay probably.... then on Tuesday said no you cant.... aaggghhhhh.
I was ok waiting BUT to be told you can have it and then nooooo was a real downer.
As it happened I got it on the saturday after Saturday, but i think if I left it and didnt push "a little" it would have been almost a week later.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm so close to mine too :) Going to pick it up at NSU factory on next monday :) Starting to get a bit nervous though... :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If I had have been told BW16 I wouldnt have minded... but I was incorrectly told confirmed BW12 from the sales person. After telling her 3 times that Audi UK say BW16, but she says BW12, I finally find out, that it is BW16 by speaking to the sales manager. He told me it had never been confirmed BW12 and he doesnt know why she would have told me that!

I'm just in a bad mood because of the false excitement they gave me by thinking it was going to be here in a couple of weeks... when realistically its going to be beginnig of June.

I ordered in bloody October.... thats 8 months!!!

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Feeling the pain brother, not a good experience I'm sure

Has the Sales Manager suggested anything to make you feel a little better about the incompetence of one of his staff..?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have only just emailled the sales manager all the emails between me and the sales person and its there in writing... "Build week 12 is now confirmed its a definite - it wont change"

He did suggest that if it was only a week, he may have been able to give me a courtesy car, but said he couldnt bridge that gap.

Bearing in mind, I sold my A3 a while back and I have been borrowing a car for a couple of months (which wasnt a problem) but it will be a problem shortly, when I become car-less!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Agreed shogbert, 8 months is way too long, I would be mightily pissed off if I was you too! You could probably cancel and get a second hand TT, I considered it for a couple of days. I don't know about your contract but in mine it says that if the delivery date is greater than 1 month of the agreed delivery date you can cancel and get your deposit back.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
shogbert said:
I have only just emailled the sales manager all the emails between me and the sales person and its there in writing... "Build week 12 is now confirmed its a definite - it wont change"

He did suggest that if it was only a week, he may have been able to give me a courtesy car, but said he couldnt bridge that gap.

Bearing in mind, I sold my A3 a while back and I have been borrowing a car for a couple of months (which wasnt a problem) but it will be a problem shortly, when I become car-less!!!
As a minimum the dealer should sort you a car out. Let them deal with it, if they don't then speak to Audi CS.

I agree with what you said "If they had told me week 16....etc."

And yes, this would have really pi$$ed me off too, but try not to let it spoil your enjoyment of the new car.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm pretty sure I could get my deposit back... sales manager didnt seem too bothered when I suggested cancelling! But where would that leave me?!

When beginning of june comes around, and I've spent all my money on a 2nd hand one that wasnt exactly how I want it - I will be thinking what a stupid idea it was.

I know there's no real solution to this one... just thought I would share it with the group.

How long is wait for a TTS??

·
Registered
112 Posts
Negotiate. Get some pressure on your sales manager by getting a quote at a different stealer for the TTS. Go back to your stealer, to discuss the additional wait on your order, (wave the other dealer's TTS quote about a lot, discuss the great deal you have been offered etc) Then get your sales manager to give you a firm pickup date, and an agreement to discount the price of your car by 200 quid per week if it goes beyond that date. Or some similar tactic... right?

·
Registered
878 Posts
shogbert said:
I'm pretty sure I could get my deposit back... sales manager didnt seem too bothered when I suggested cancelling! But where would that leave me?!

When beginning of june comes around, and I've spent all my money on a 2nd hand one that wasnt exactly how I want it - I will be thinking what a stupid idea it was.

I know there's no real solution to this one... just thought I would share it with the group.

How long is wait for a TTS??
Who is the dealer by the way?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.