Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

Another thread for a prospective buyer with questions about ownership. :)
I have spent a few nights on this forum going through different searches and got loads of good info so thanks however, some questions still remain that some fresh answers would help. Thinking of buying a Mk1 225 Coupe in Black..

1. I have a 6 year old and a 3 year old (one on booster seat and one in car seat). Will I, on the very rare occasions that I need to collect them both, will I fit them them both in the car? Behind me is ruled out so it's all on the passenger side.

2. With current prices, what are people spending to fill up from empty at the pump (standard or super) for a 225bhp car?

3. With mixed driving how many miles to the full tank?

4. Anyone replaced their rubber suspension bushes with poly replacements - What did this do to the steering and ride?

5. Is a remap still a good idea for a 02 plate with 60K miles? Does it help economy as well as performance?

6. what is the best thing about your TT owenership.......and the worst?

bit of a selfish thread so apologies....Don't have a TT yet however, could be happening next week so can't add anything interesting right now.

Cheers.

T

·
Registered
278 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I generally achieve 60 miles to 10 pound. The DIs shows 39.6mpg. That's mostly motorway though 25miles a day. That's with a 225 Quattro.

A remap will achieve slightly better mpg from previous experience a few mpg is to be expectd when driving normally.

You could fit a seat in the back with the front seat right forward. Mighty be slightly tight but defiantly achievable.

I paid 5.5 for a as new avus silver 03 with 58k.

Remapping should be fine - clutch generally will receive a hit from the remap!

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
96,549 Posts
Hi Tokes, If clutch is O.K.remap shouldn't cause any probs, but of course it will show any weakness.
62 litres x 1.40p for super unleaded £86 ish.
Depending on the way you drive I would say 32 mpg average.
Bose was an option.
Remap will make a big performance difference & better MPG if you don't use the extra performance, but unlikely for that to happen, otherwise why would you bother.
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
560 Posts
You would fit kids in the back anything else is a mission lol

MGP £10 gets me about 50miles of normal driving 25miles if driving for fun so about 28MPG average

60k for a TT hmmmm whats the price? If under 5k I would say clocked

Remap is good aslong as the clutch, engine and turbo are good

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Tokes said:
Hello everyone.

Another thread for a prospective buyer with questions about ownership. :)
I have spent a few nights on this forum going through different searches and got loads of good info so thanks however, some questions still remain that some fresh answers would help. Thinking of buying a Mk1 225 Coupe in Black..

1. I have a 6 year old and a 3 year old (one on booster seat and one in car seat). Will I, on the very rare occasions that I need to collect them both, will I fit them them both in the car? Behind me is ruled out so it's all on the passenger side.

2. With current prices, what are people spending to fill up from empty at the pump (standard or super) for a 225bhp car?

3. With mixed driving how many miles to the full tank?

4. Anyone replaced their rubber suspension bushes with poly replacements - What did this do to the steering and ride?

5. Is a remap still a good idea for a 02 plate with 60K miles? Does it help economy as well as performance?

6. what is the best thing about your TT owenership.......and the worst?

bit of a selfish thread so apologies....Don't have a TT yet however, could be happening next week so can't add anything interesting right now.

Cheers.

T
There's a lot of people on here who have the diesel TT. 350 miles on a tank!!!! Ummmmm, Yeeeah.

£75 of V Power = 250 miles of mixed driving and non of it like a lunatic. Simple and straight

·
Registered
14,496 Posts
Serendipitous said:
Tokes said:
There's a lot of people on here who have the diesel TT. 350 miles on a tank!!!! Ummmmm, Yeeeah.

£75 of V Power = 250 miles of mixed driving and non of it like a lunatic. Simple and straight
250miles from a tank is about 18mpg , you probably have some problems or you are always on full boost

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
jamman said:
Serendipitous said:
I get more than that and I do drive like a lunatic at times :?
Agree. I drive moderately agressive, lunatic as necessary, and still manage 22-24mpg. that's 350+ per tank.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
jamman said:
Serendipitous said:
I get more than that and I do drive like a lunatic at times :?
Yeah sure, there are variables, but only slight ones really. It's just a personal view, but my thinking is that if anyone is worried about fuel consumption, they shouldn't really be buying a TT.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the replies all.

Regarding kids should be ok I guess. Worst case there always the boot! :)

Car is met black with silver leather, FASH, no Bose, Audi single CD head until, great condition in and out, 52 plate, looking to buy from a independent dealer who is selling the car for a customer. the dash pod has been replaced in the last week. 18" unmarked alloys. No dents or scratches. Coil pack done under warranty and cam belt done. Finally service was done this year 3k miles ago.

I think the car is at the higher bracket but the dealer had a few good write ups and I whilst not wanting to over pay, want the a loved lower mileage, original car.
His other cars advertised were all black and at the same price £7500 - £8000. We have provisionally agreed at £7750

Not particularly mechanical so have booked a AA vehicle inspection for tomorrow.

What do reckon?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
[/quote]

Yeah sure, there are variables, but only slight ones really. It's just a personal view, but my thinking is that if anyone is worried about fuel consumption, they shouldn't really be buying a TT.[/quote]

Not too worried but coming out of a 325d which does about 43 mpg and before that had an mk5 R32 which was great but very thirsty. Looking for the TT to sit in between as have about 350 mile commute every week.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.