Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

Okay I am looking at changing my TT for a newer used model, so do you think I would get a better deal
before or after Sept registrations with Audi dealers?

I know they like to offer better deals at the end of the month especially if they need to hit targets, but
what if anything will happen to prices before and after?

Thanks in advance [smiley=book2.gif]

·
Registered
31,066 Posts
Makes no real difference.
You could argue "they" could discount cars to get off to a good start, you could also argue "they" could discount cars to get a good end of month number. in my experience unless its Dec, makes next to no difference - sales people dont get paid commission until delivery and they never know where the next one is coming from.

TTs are EOL and you get great discount no matter when you buy.
Remember big discounts mean poor resale later on as many are now starting to discover.

·
Registered
963 Posts
CatnipTT said:
Hello all!

Okay I am looking at changing my TT for a newer used model, so do you think I would get a better deal

I know they like to offer better deals at the end of the month especially if they need to hit targets, but

Spec up a TT on OrangeWheels.com, it will probably be £3-5k cheeper and your Audi Dealer should match it.

Good luck!

·
Registered
90 Posts
CatnipTT said:
Hello all!

I recently bought mine used from Wearside Audi. I'm in Sales myself so was interested about the sales process and targets etc. (really boring I know) My rep told me that August is the month they make a real push on used cars and clear as much stock as possible. Now's the time to do a deal in my eyes.

It also depends how long you've been looking and for what spec. Before I bought mine, I was on the approved used Audi site daily for about 6 weeks and knew the prices of the cars inside out. (Again, boring) Once you know how long a car's been up for, you've got more power in negotiations. You will also know how much of a reduction has been made on certain cars already, giving you an indication of a minimum % reduction you are likely to get on your model (depending on how desirable the model is)

Anyway, happy hunting and good luck.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
I also kept a close eye on the Used Approved website and got to know what the cars tended to be priced at, this then enables you to jump quickly if you see a 'bargain'. Not that you actually do get a bargain with Audi, of course, but there are often quite big variations in price for cars which on the face of it seem almost identical.

I got £1k knocked off what they were asking (and more than that off a V6 which I ended up not having in the end) plus don't forget to get them to throw in a tank of fuel, pay for your private plate transfer (if applicable), insist on keeping your existing tax disc so you can get a refund etc etc. Every little helps, as they say.

Good luck - let us know how you get on :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts