Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2007 3.2 VR6 Roadster
11,506 Posts
I had a nice exchange of emails with the guys at OBDeleven following their recent release of the One-Touch App for the Tourist Solution for the Xenon headlights. They'd like to know what other One-Touch Apps would you like to see for the Mk2 TT.

I sent them this link and told them to keep and eye on it for future One-Touch Apps.

Here's a few changes I have coded for my 2007 pre-facelift that might be interesting -

* LED DLRs
* Reverse Camera for RNS-E
* Scandinavian running lights (Front DLR and tail lights always on)
* Headlight washer jets off

Off the top of my head, a few other One-Touch Apps might include -

* Needle Sweep
* Reverse Gear Curb Mirror Drop
* Cloth vs. Leather and Petrol vs. Diesel for the stereo bass adjustment

Any others you guys would like to see?

If you've already implemented any code changes (e.g. Needle-Sweep), please post what you did and the code values you changed and I'll forward that to the OBDeleven team.

FYI - You don't have to do anything special to get the updates. Just turn on the OBDeleven program on your SmartDevice and the software will add the new updates and Apps automatically.

For anyone who's just stumbled onto this topic and is unfamiliar with the OBDeleven device follow this link -

FAQ - OBDeleven Open Box Review + Q&A
https://www.ttforum.co.uk/forum/viewtop ... &t=1926901

OBD11-01.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
665 Posts
I didnt think needle sweep was do able on the mk2 tt?

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Thankyou Swiss for your continued efforts have just opened up the app and euro light swap is showing.
Have the iOS version but do have access to an android unit if required. Would love needle sweep but do not believe it's possible on mine the red dis.
Will have to look up the Scandinavian DRL as always thought its daft having fronts but no rears. Point is proven with the number of people driving around believing they have lights on when it's only front drl's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
439 Posts
Alarm "chirp" on lock / unlock would be good.

Great to hear you're having a conversation with them, I have to say I was disappointed at the amount of apps available for the Mk 2, I'd love to see a lot more.

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Just had a thought how about being able to check chain stretch on our beloved 3.2's. Honestly have no idea if even possible.

·
Super Moderator
2007 3.2 VR6 Roadster
11,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To be fair, I suspect there's no way anyone (other than VAG) can possibly know all the combinations of Apps that are available. Much of what you can do depends entirely on the year and model. I know for my 2007 the needle-sweep is not available as an option, but at least the reverse camera is. I think most of the really cool options showed up with the face lift.

Does anyone out there know when Needle Sweep came into effect for the Mk2?

@ JasonNL - Get the basic and then add the free credits as needed. It's the cheapest option. Basically all versions do the same thing, you're just paying extra for credits. Check the write up in the KB for a details.

@ AndyMac - Have you coded for alarm chirp, if so what's the code?

@ Niada - Yes you can, I've done it for mine, but you have to get into the data blocks. There's a post about it in the Knowledge Base.
https://www.ttforum.co.uk/forum/viewtop ... &t=1855237

It would be great if you can either post the code changes you've made or upload screen shots.

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Jasonl said:
I've seen these what is the best obdeleven to buy and are they worth it..cheers all
You can get 6 free credits a day. 1 just for opening the app and then another 5 for watching adverts which is optional. Some are 5 seconds others are 15-25 seconds. They soon rack up only real issue is not many apps to spend them on but the coding side which I have not yet done is free.

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
Nidana said:
Jasonl said:
I've seen these what is the best obdeleven to buy and are they worth it..cheers all
You can get 6 free credits a day. 1 just for opening the app and then another 5 for watching adverts which is optional. Some are 5 seconds others are 15-25 seconds. They soon rack up only real issue is not many apps to spend them on but the coding side which I have not yet done is free.

think i will get one,i fancy reverse mirror dip if it can be done..

·
Super Moderator
2007 3.2 VR6 Roadster
11,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Other VCDS tweaks - Thanks m-a-r-k :) Good post with a lot of possibilities depending on your model and year -

https://www.ttforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=828217

Lock beep
Central Electronics: Byte 5: Bit 1 Locking Confirmation via Horn active

Fogs on when cornering
Central Electronics: Byte 14: Bit 7 Cornering Lights via Front Fog Lights active
Central Electronics: Byte 26: Bit 6 Enabling Cornering Light with Reverse Gear active

Hazard lights on ABS
Central Electronics: Byte 16: Bit 2 Emergency Brake Flashing via Turn Signals active

Comfort turn blinks to 5
Central Electronics: Adaptation: Comfort Turn Signals

Calibrate MPG
Instruments: Adaptation: Consumption Correction
Originally 100. New Adaptation Value = Old Adaptation Value * Old Display Value / Calculated Consumption
x = 100 * 51.8 / 46.6
x = 111 - so need to enter 111 as new value

Highway Light
Central Electronics: Component 2 - 8K0 910 557 - REGENLICHTSEN: Byte 0: Bit 0 Highway Light Function active

Rain Light
Central Electronics: Component 2 - 8K0 910 557 - REGENLICHTSEN: Byte 0: Bit 1

Light Activation
Central Electronics: Component 2 - 8K0 910 557 - REGENLICHTSEN: Byte 0: Bit 3-4 Light Activation Threshold.
Normal is 00. Values of 20% 40% and 60% make lights come on earlier. Try 60%
If no good, try altering Byte 1 Light Sensor Correction from 73%

Rear spoiler lowering when lock
Central Electronics: Byte 13: Bit 7 Rear Spoiler Comfort Lowering via Door Lock active

Tear wipe
Central Electronics: Component 1 - 8JA 955 119A Wischer AU354: Byte 1: Bit 3 Tear Wiping active - untick

Sidelights as DRLs
Central Electronics:
Byte 18: Originally coded as 56 = Halogen headlights RoW (Rest of World) with DRLs Scandanavian (uses the headlights)
Change to 57 = Halogen headlights NAR (North American Region) which turns on the headlights for the DRLs but also turns on the side marker lights front and rear)
Byte 11: enable PRLs (permanent running lights) which will turn on the headlights as DRLs
Byte 24: turn the brightness down to 01% - this basically turns off the headlights again (they are still 'on' but at 1% brightness, which is not enough to light the bulbs - 0% would turn them on to 100%)
Byte 15: Set Bit 7 on manually to see new DIS option
Go to the DIS and make sure 'Daytime Lights' is ticked

Unlock beep
Central Electronics: Byte 5: Bit 4 Unlocking Confirmation via Horn active

TPM active
Central Electronics: Byte 8: Bit 7 Tire Pressure Monitoring installed/active

·
Registered
439 Posts
SwissJetPilot said:

Nope, but I'd like to be able to. I can't work out how to do it using the OBDeleven.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Thanks, I'll have a play, but I'm easily confused, hence asking for an app.

Ideally I just want a simple method, I get lost in coding and translating VCDS into OBDeleven.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
andy mac said:
SwissJetPilot said:

Nope, but I'd like to be able to. I can't work out how to do it using the OBDeleven.
Carista does it with one click......

·
Registered
439 Posts
ab54666 said:
andy mac said:
SwissJetPilot said:

Carista does it with one click......
I considered one of those, but a) I didn't fancy paying a subscription and b) I already have an OBDeleven.

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
andy mac said:
Thanks, I'll have a play, but I'm easily confused, hence asking for an app.

Ideally I just want a simple method, I get lost in coding and translating VCDS into OBDeleven.
I feel you just tried checking chain stretch via OBDeleven. Best I managed was to backup and then couldn't find what I was looking despite have chain stretch vcds post printed next to me.

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
For the benefit of rookies like myself a quick little guide to OBDeleven chain check on the 3.2.
With engine running and at temp having scanned car I then backed up engine control unit so I could look at my own pace in the warmth of my house without fear of messing anything up.
You then want to be within the engine module and select live data.

You will then get a pop up warning click ok.

This is then your point to access channel or block number.

Once in you can either scroll or retype the block number to get to the ones you wish to check.

Now compare to block chain threads already attached within this thread. Hopefully this helps someone else out going forward. This is nothing about tampering with any settings just on how to find within OBDeleven.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts