Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I have 19 inch rims fitted to my facelifted 2011 model sline TT, I am looking for another set of 18 inch alloys which I can fit with winter tyres, the offset for the 19 inch wheels is 52, I have looked at 18 inch alloys which vary considerably between offset numbers in their 40's and above. I phoned the Audi garage who recommended I stick to wheels with an offset of 52. I would be grateful if anyone could advise which offset number wheel I can safely put on my car. thanks folks.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
It all depends on the width of the wheel.

8.5" x 17" rims are ET50
IIRC 9" x 18" rims are around ET52

Ideally winter tyres will be not quite as wide as your summer tyres (so a 225 tyre on a 7.5" rim), so for example a 7.5" wide wheel with an ET37 will fill the arch the same as an 8.5" wheel with ET50 (but with obviously an inch more INNER clearance).

This site is good to see what will fit:
http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
In my experience anything down to ET48 works without modification and anything down to ET42 works if you file away a nub in the wheel arch liner on the driver's side rear wheel well. This nub does not appear to serve any obvious purpose and has been removed on the wheel arch liners fitted to MY12 cars, so if you don't want to get the file out, buy a 2012 wheel arch liner.

I have a set of TT-RS 9x18" ET52 rims with Nokian WR2 245/40/R18 winter tyres on if you're looking for a set. The tyres probably only have one last season on them (5-6mm tread depth), but the rims are unmarked. Drop me a PM if you're interested.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.