Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The oil warning light has come on on the dash the Amber one with an oil can and min. Just wondering what oil is best and how much. Cheers. Carl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,711 Posts
Without looking, I think there's something about what kind of oil to use in the 'Stickies' section up top. Think there's a choice of about 10 or so, but don't remember off the top of my head which ones... :oops:

·
Registered
84,380 Posts
Yep you need 5w 30 if you are on AVS

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
YELLOW_TT said:
Yep you need 5w 30 if you are on AVS
What is AVS? Checked my service history and according to this the car has always had the longlife service carried out. If this is correct do I need 5w 30 as you've said. Thanks for the advice

Carl

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
97,194 Posts
Hi, AVS is Audi Variable Service. If you have a 225 then its the same oil spec ( 504/507 ) 5w-30 whether on fixed or AVS.
Hoggy. :D

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
97,194 Posts
Hi carlf, I use Motul from Opie oils.. Common oils are Castrol Edge 5w-30 & Mobil 1 esp 5w-30.. Register on Opie web site & cheaper still. Getting service pack works out cheaper again, why I don't know. click link below..
http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-885-motul-v ... gines.aspx

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just topped up now and light has gone out and everything is fine. Took nearly 2 litres so I'll be checking the level more frequently from now on. Does 2 litres sound a lot or is it normal? Thanks for all the advice ended up going with mobil 1 esp after speaking to a mate of mine

·
Administrator
97,194 Posts
Hi Carlf, 2 litres is alot of oil, must have been really low. As you said check it more often.
My TT doesn't burn oi,l but uses more oil than any other car I've owned, but I do blast her & never drive slowly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.