Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OILRING (Revised)

I have a few of these made up now.

They are a one piece 'stick-on' item, with 3M heavy duty sticky pads on the back.

They are sprayed and lacquered and I've tested them on my own bay. I didn't go for drilling and screwing to the plastic as I wanted them to be removable, but to re-fix you'd need new sticky pads.

COLOURS SO FAR : I have

Silver (Audi 'Brilliant' Silver)
Red (Audi 'Brilliant' Red)
Denim Blue
Moro Blue
Aviator (Arrow) Grey
Avus Silver

Depending on interest I may add more colours.

Easy to fit, just clean the plastic with some solvent, allow to dry, then remove the sticky pad backings and position over the Oilcap.

Fits 225's only.

Photo's show fitted with OEM and Porsche caps, they also fit if you have a Forge cap.

£24.90 first class recorded delivery.

PM me if interested, OG

·
Registered
662 Posts
Count me in for a silver one. :)

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
I'll have a red one please Graham.

PM on it's way.

Oh and don't worry about the price, I don't think you should be selling at a loss or anywhere near it. Your time is very valuable :wink: .

Regards,

Mark.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I received my ring yesterday, very fast delivery and it looks fantastic (and well made)! The only issue I'm having is getting the bloody thing to stick. The pads it came with weren't strong enough, so I bought some number plate adhesive pads, and even those don't seem to hold it in place! Has anyone got any recommendations as to what else I could try? :)

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kanikuman said:
I received my ring yesterday, very fast delivery and it looks fantastic (and well made)! The only issue I'm having is getting the bloody thing to stick. The pads it came with weren't strong enough, so I bought some number plate adhesive pads, and even those don't seem to hold it in place! Has anyone got any recommendations as to what else I could try? :)
Have you cleaned the plastic with some solvent...white spirit, AG tar remover, etc....those pads are extremely sticky, and withstand the engine heat etc, so must be dirty/greasy plastics....let me know how you get on....

I've now tested 3 rings on mine witht he same pads, each been on around 4 weeks without any issues :?

·
Registered
662 Posts
In that case it's probably the residual Aerospace 303 Protectant I applied to the engine bay a few weeks ago! :roll:

I'll give it a clean tommorrow and I'm sure it will be fine, and I must say it looks damn smart when in place. I can't wait for you to reveal your new mod oldguy! Seeing as I've now removed the pads you supplied (doh), any idea where I could get some more? :)

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kanikuman said:
In that case it's probably the residual Aerospace 303 Protectant I applied to the engine bay a few weeks ago! :roll:

I'll give it a clean tommorrow and I'm sure it will be fine, and I must say it looks damn smart when in place. I can't wait for you to reveal your new mod oldguy! Seeing as I've now removed the pads you supplied (doh), any idea where I could get some more? :)
Yep, that'll be it. Like any adhesive the surface has to be free from grease and grime, whatever solvent you use (and i'd guess don't use anything like LPS spray as it might damage the plastic), let it dry off once you've applied it.....

I know Autoglym tar remover is good stuff to clean the plastics....

I'll stick some pads in the post on Monday

Just send me your address again as i may have deleted it....

thanks

OG

·
Registered
831 Posts
oldguy said:
OILRING (Revised)

I have a few of these made up now.

They are a one piece 'stick-on' item, with 3M heavy duty sticky pads on the back.

They are sprayed and lacquered and I've tested them on my own bay. I didn't go for drilling and screwing to the plastic as I wanted them to be removable, but to re-fix you'd need new sticky pads.

Initially I have Silver (Audi 'Brilliant' Silver) and Red (Audi 'Brilliant' Read). Depending on interest I may add more colours.

Easy to fit, just clean the plastic with some solvent, allow to dry, then remove the sticky pad backings and position over the Oilcap.

Fits 225's only.

Photo's show fitted with OEM and Porsche caps, they also fit if you have a Forge cap.

£22.90 first class recorded delivery.

PM me if interested, OG

OG...will they fit 180's??

·
Registered
865 Posts
Love a blue one if your doing them in the future, Match the tip.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Oldguy.
I'm interested in the oil ring in silver and also the dipstick cover.
Could you pm me some details and I'll send a payment across?

Thanks,
Luke.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts