Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

long story as short as i can,

i have a new forge front mounted intercooler and had all my engine parts polished,throttle housing,cam cover and turbo pipe, all gaskets replaced,

i removed and replaced all myself,

everything looks fine no leeks nothing,i drove the car for 20 mins etc then the red oil warning light came on!

again no leeks nothing,i have a oil burning smell??

the oil level is on max

the dipstick plastic cover broke,i think most of the plastic fell out and not into the sump but not sure

any ideas??

thanks for looking

·
Registered
161 Posts
Think the red oil warning light relates to low oil pressure rather than level. This might point towards the pump but I'm not sure. Expect someone with a bit more knowledge will be along shortly
Carl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
97,162 Posts
Hi, As above, low oil pressure, don't start engine again until you can get pressure checked, otherwise. [smiley=bigcry.gif]
Hoggy. :D

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
97,162 Posts
Hi, Check the wiring to oil press switch, its on the side of the oil filter housing, perhaps the connector has come adrift, when fitting your mods,
Hoggy. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.