Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was really looking forward to this but just read that Paul McCartney may be on again, please no not again. All the "turns" are reportedly appearing for a nominal £1, I wouldn't pay that to see him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,069 Posts
CraigW said:
Car crash television!
True, but McCartney should take note - most of us would rather sit through a whole night of the bloody Spice Girls than listen to him butchering a series of old Beatles songs.

They're all a bunch of has-beans, but at least the Spice Girls know it.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Could be worse and I swear I will slit my wrists if Clff Richards appears again - f#cking embarrassment :eek:

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
The exhumation of Paul McCartney for the opening ceremony was terrible. It also didn't fit the prior theme. They'd just had a cauldron-lighting ceremony involving passing torches to the next generation of athletes, which they then followed with a knackered old pop star from several generations ago. They should have gone for something current. It was a crusty turd rather than a cherry on top of an otherwise excellent ceremony.

I'm going to have to get a polycarbonate shield in front of my TV just in case it's Cliff or bloody McCartney again. :roll:

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There's talk of Elton John Too, I'm afraid I find him just as tedious, I saw him at the O2 (only because I was in the firm's box and it was free), it was like production line entertainment.

He looked even more bored than I was, plinking out one more old hit after another getting more off key as the night went on!

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
I heard Dale Winton and Graham Norton are presenting it, best of British..AAAAARRRRGGGGHHH, it will be like a pissed up Hungarian lorry driver driving on the M6,,,,on the wrong side of the carriageway.,,,
FFS RUN!!! :eek: :eek: [smiley=knife.gif] :lol:

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
merlin c said:
I heard Dale Winton and Graham Norton are presenting it, best of British..AAAAARRRRGGGGHHH, it will be like a pissed up Hungarian lorry driver driving on the M6,,,,on the wrong side of the carriageway.,,,
Surely the BBC would not do that, would they :evil:

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
newt said:
merlin c said:
I'm being mischievous, I hope :-* :D

·
Registered
19,084 Posts
the Quo will be headlining..........ok line up and get ready to head bang boys n girls
[smiley=mexicanwave.gif] [smiley=mexicanwave.gif] [smiley=mexicanwave.gif] [smiley=mexicanwave.gif]
no i said head bang not footing wave ya numpties!!!

·
Registered
19,838 Posts
David Bowie doing 'Heroes' would be good. 8)

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
merlin c said:
newt said:
merlin c said:
I'm being mischievous, I hope :-* :D
Merlin c you are naughty, had me really worried, I cannot stand either of them. I am not that keen on Annie Lennox, she was terrible at the queens celebrations, another singer that does not know when to stop.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Apparently it's the Spice Girls. I can hear the commentary now...

"And here they are... five British women who've brought untold suffering to millions the world over.... their contribution to the world of music virtually non-existent.... singing a medley of their greatest shits"

·
Registered
10,869 Posts
Eric Idle could be great .... or not.

Anyway, always look on the bright side of life.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts