Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that our spirits have been raised by the Olympics and we're nearing the end of an event that has been brilliantly delivered by the whole organisational team, can I please suggest that everybody avoids buying the Daily Mail in future.

This 'newspaper' sucks the enthusiasm out of everything through inaccurate and damning reporting. It is a rag.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,488 Posts
rustyintegrale said:
Now that our spirits have been raised by the Olympics and we're nearing the end of an event that has been brilliantly delivered by the whole organisational team, can I please suggest that everybody avoids buying the Daily Mail in future
Wait.. People buy the Daily Mail currently? Andrex is so much softer! :eek:

I second your recommendation though, and suggest that the paper also be renamed "The Leach".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,560 Posts
An awful paper, sadly when Sunday lunch with the family arrives I have to listen to my father in law quote verbatim from it and also he believes every word they print.... [smiley=bigcry.gif]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,510 Posts
Wallsendmag said:
Newspapers are soo last century
Agree.

But I am confused by other comments - How do you know it
rustyintegrale said:
sucks the enthusiasm out of everything through inaccurate and damning reporting. It is a rag.
if you haven't bought it :? :) :?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,112 Posts
Much to my complete dismay my parents read the Mail. That would be bad enough until you learn that they don't own a television, so everything they know and understand about the world around them is influenced by that bloody newspaper. It's been frightening how it has changed their perspective on life. I'm no fan of the press at all but the Mail is certainly one of the worst examples of a bad bunch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,084 Posts
Mark Davies said:
Much to my complete dismay my parents read the Mail. That would be bad enough until you learn that they don't own a television, so everything they know and understand about the world around them is influenced by that bloody newspaper. It's been frightening how it has changed their perspective on life. I'm no fan of the press at all but the Mail is certainly one of the worst examples of a bad bunch.
oh heck Mark.........brain washed parents!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
YoungOldUn said:
Wallsendmag said:
Newspapers are soo last century
Agree.

But I am confused by other comments - How do you know it
rustyintegrale said:
sucks the enthusiasm out of everything through inaccurate and damning reporting. It is a rag.
if you haven't bought it :? :) :?
I've read it. Never bought it. I'm trying to wean my wife off it and she's slowly coming round to the idea. The problem is she likes the tabloid size and the alternatives are not that great either. Is there such a thing as a decent read tabloid size? :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,510 Posts
rustyintegrale said:
I've read it. Never bought it. I'm trying to wean my wife off it and she's slowly coming round to the idea. The problem is she likes the tabloid size and the alternatives are not that great either. Is there such a thing as a decent read tabloid size? :lol: :lol:
Cheers, now I understand how you know :D

I decided around 10 years back that all newspapers are generally nothing but propaganda machines for one group or another and that none of them produced a balanced view on anything and for that reason I have never purchased one for myself since. So I am sorry but I don't know if there is a 'decent read tabloid size' or any other size. :(
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,342 Posts
rustyintegrale said:
YoungOldUn said:
Wallsendmag said:
Newspapers are soo last century
Agree.

But I am confused by other comments - How do you know it
rustyintegrale said:
sucks the enthusiasm out of everything through inaccurate and damning reporting. It is a rag.
if you haven't bought it :? :) :?
I've read it. Never bought it. I'm trying to wean my wife off it and she's slowly coming round to the idea. The problem is she likes the tabloid size and the alternatives are not that great either. Is there such a thing as a decent read tabloid size? :lol: :lol:
Yup.....NUTS......... VIZ..................... :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,283 Posts
Would love to jump on this bandwagon but ; was back and forth to Birmingham on the train for a few months until recently and used to pick the odd copy of the D Mail up from a train seat or the floor. The level of tory drivel wasn't as bad as say the Express or Telegraph and in fact the copies I read were actually slating the tories (which tells you something about their performance and the double standards of the paper itself). There was a fair bit of depth to some of the political articles though and I was suprised by the tory kicking in some cases, compared to say the Mirror which appears to treat it's readers as dickeads taking everything to its lowest common denominator so it can be easily understood Partuclarly liked the crosswords, which normally took the length of the journey :p Bad news sells papers and so its not suprising that they like to take the shine off everything and tinge it with gloom; if the olympics had all gone tits up, no doubt it would hav been labours fault for getting the games on the first place; not suprising now its been a success that they will glorify the tories and Mr Coes contribution (wonder how much he is getting paid for this legacy job he has just been given?). Like everything else one has choice to believe or not to believe what they read wherever they read it, I think where I used to go wrong was to believe that everyone who read it, actually believed it - they dont - thankfully. Great for starting the BBQ too :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
627 Posts
My wife likes the Daily Mail :roll: so i get to glance at it every day, the review of the closing ceremony for example was inaccurate drivel.
I buy "i" 20p weekdays 30p Saturday, tells me all i need to know and if i want more detail Google is my friend :p
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top