Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First of all I would like to say that this forum has been of huge help in so many aesthetic mods I have done to my TT. This is the story of a man buying a TT and having a dream. Hope you guys enjoy.

So it all started out before the first COVID-19 lock down here in Greece in March 2020 when I bought just a basic 2008 2.0tfsi BWA engine DSG FWD Audi TT 8j that looked like this:

Right away I got the wheels painted satin black and the front and rear bumpers to a TT RS look-alike front and a genuine TTS rear:

Next step of the journey was the EBAY Polish rear spoiler. It was OK but nothing great to boast about. It wasnt worth the hustle and the money since the polyester is of low quality thus starting to "wave" after a while and deform. Installed a set of TTRS look black exhaust tips as well as some black badges.

Summer came and I started doing some more work on the car removing the FWD DSG and getting a full 4WD swap from an AUDI TTS and a 76cm VBAND full exhaust.

Removed the front plate from the grill and added a quattro badge on there:

Thank god that the TT is one of the few chasis that doesnt need modifications except a set of mounts to make the conversion happen. Initially I had a modded R32 fuel tank put by a very unproffeshional shop I was working with and soon after found a briliant one that was very knownledgable and carried on with this project. Changed that crappy, moddified. leaky R32 tank with a TT 3.2 one.

It was time to renovate the interior a bit making an Audi TT 8S pattern on the OEM seat of the 8j and installing 8V air vents with red blades, painting the middle console piano black and adding an Aliexpress multimedia sound system to go with the BOSE that was on the basic package of the car.

See the rest on the next post bellow
馃斀馃斀馃斀馃斀馃斀馃斀馃斀馃斀馃斀馃斀馃斀馃斀馃斀

Registered
Wow, impressive stuff. What engine is that you have put in?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Flashy said:
Wow, impressive stuff. What engine is that you have put in?
Thanks man, its the 2.0TFSI BWA model since it was the highest strength with its steel crank bearing seats but with extensive modifications done to it such as a 290CFM head with +2 intake +1 exhaust valves , stage 4 cat cams and many more parts in there.

Continuing the above thread:

At that point I came across with a mint MQB transmission from a Seat Cupra with 50.000 km at a stupid low price and upgraded my transmission that had the Old black box Mechatronic to the newer version.

Finishing up with that "transplant" some parts had landed on my doorstep so I took em to the shop and started getting a new motor ready for the 900whp build.

We got things started and the new engine was ready to get fitted on the car at this point!

Brought the car in and it started taking form:

Then the new Garrett G35 1050 came on the motor:

We where now almost done with after installing a huge front mount Bar N plate intercooler

Engine bay started to look nicer:

At this point I wasnt so into the front replica TTRS bumper and rear TTS diffuser so I got them changed for an OEM TTRS front and rear and got a carbon rear spoiler to get rid of that crappy Ebay one.

Got some nice 19 inch wheels fitted for everyday use for the car Corspeed Challenge:

And had a nice "cannon" installed that blasts on command :lol:

At this point the motor was ready to get brocken in and did 1500km. Got it ready for the dyno but due to the lack of a CNC clutch basked and friction plates for the DSG plus 45oC we had on the dyno we managed to get a "summer" tune at this point of 600whp on 2.0bars of boost on stock MQB transmission 100 pump gas fuel + MEth

Car got a nice wash and the story will unfold after this summer. Thank you all for taking time reading this.
Wish you the best! Have a great summer

Regards,
Mike

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey boys! Thanks for the comments :oops:.
Ordered today the Dodson Motorsport Sportsman's Plus clutch kit assembly along with some other goodies.

New Bartek parts:
DQ250 Upgrade Transmission Oil Cooler

2.0L TFSI EA113 Oil Cooler-Kit

and a bigger RACE Aluminum Watercooler

Need to get the secondary injectors plugged in to the parallel ECU, get a secondary fuel pump assembly and a fuel regulator to get thinks cranking :p. Thank god I have already mounted things and got the cables already done beforehand since I knew the end goal. Hopefully I ll have everything in hand late August fingers crossed or mid September in the worst case scenario thorw everything in and get some BOOST to wake up the turbo.

had with 45oC dyno temps and a super low ignition timing of about 13.5-14

1.35 bars 430whp with pump
1.85 bars should be around 500-550whp with pump cant remember to be honest :?
2.09 bars 600whp with pump + Methanol will post a video when the temps fall a bit

end goal boost is 2.8-3.0 with Race gas and Methanol injection since I personally chose the Garrett turbos for two main reasons.
a) More cooling/oiling than the precission that have a backstory of burning more oil and b) The precission will provide a better top end power band BUT it needs ALOT of boost. Since the 2.0 motor is prone to cracking over 860-880whp I wanted to stay on the safe side. We will be pushing for 900+ whp. It has been done in several cars here in Greece. I believe that one of the reasons that blocks crack is from too much boost!

Premium Member
Theres me happy with my stage 1 remap :lol: :lol: can't Imagine having 600hp let alone 900 :eek:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Knight-tts said:
Theres me happy with my stage 1 remap :lol: :lol: can't Imagine having 600hp let alone 900 :eek:
Hehe, Im accustomed with speed since I used to drag race motorcycles here. Slall correction its 600whp not 600hp, its on the wheel not motor that would roughly be around 650hp give or take :roll: I will upload a video as soon as the temps fall a bit. Its 40oC here at the moment [smiley=bomb.gif] [smiley=bomb.gif] [smiley=bomb.gif] new parts came in today will up load pictures in a bit! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
New toys came in for the TT [smiley=sweetheart.gif] [smiley=sweetheart.gif] [smiley=sweetheart.gif]
Need to wait until the end of August to install them though. Cant wait!

Super Moderator
2007 3.2 VR6 Quattro Roadster
That's quite a car you have there! You need to bring that beast up north and run it on the N眉rburgring. You'll find It's much cooler and the air quality is a marked improvement ;-)

When you get around to installing the cooler upgrade, can you include some DIY pictures so we can see how that's done? That would be a nice addition to the Forum.

Registered
3.2 V6
Nice job! Do you have more details on what was required for the DQ250? Custom adaptor plates? Anything electronics wise?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry for the delay, was on a short trip with the wife. To answer everyones questions:

IPG3.6 said:
I didn't realise there's an upgrade for the DSG oil cooler! I assume it's taller than original to allow more coolant to flow through it?
The OEM is 10rows and this upgraded one is 20rows for optimal cooling of the gear oil. Basically plug & play mounting on this one. Just check the seals.

SwissJetPilot said:
That's quite a car you have there! You need to bring that beast up north and run it on the N眉rburgring. You'll find It's much cooler and the air quality is a marked improvement ;-)

When you get around to installing the cooler upgrade, can you include some DIY pictures so we can see how that's done? That would be a nice addition to the Forum.
I ill see that I get some pictures of the installation and mounting that should go on the right lower airvent of the front bumper (LHD car here). Regarding the Nurburgring its not gonna be that circuit oriented since we get full boost around 5500-6000 rpm. Even though the redline hits at 8.800 with a max range of 9.300 it still wont be set for circuit but for drag racing. Should run a nice mid to high 3sec 100-200km on full power.
MT-V6 said:
Nice job! Do you have more details on what was required for the DQ250? Custom adaptor plates? Anything electronics wise?
You mean the MQB transplant? If so you need to modify a mount and some wiring is needed. I could get some more precise info if you like.

Registered
3.2 V6
Audittnumb said:
You mean the MQB transplant? If so you need to modify a mount and some wiring is needed. I could get some more precise info if you like.
Ah didn't realise you swapped the whole engine! I thought you fitted the newer gearbox to the TT engine

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
MT-V6 said:
Audittnumb said:
Ah didn't realise you swapped the whole engine! I thought you fitted the newer gearbox to the TT engine
I only did transplant the DQ250 from the MQB engine maybe I wrote it wrong, my bad. Its just the newer transmission from an MQB engine.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey guys! Short update! Some new goodies went on the car and gave it a nice colour correction detailing session + new basket/clutch plates are here for more boost!

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Car Vehicle Photograph Automotive lighting Grille

Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

After that I had a set of 0.5cm spacer to achieve a more beefier look.I will get some pictures later this week to upload.

New goodies came in a space box yesterday from Dodson motorsports for the DQ250 to finaly up the boost and timing and reach the 900+whp goal with 3.2bars of boost on the G35-1050 setup
Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior Bumper Motor vehicle

Blue Automotive tire Gas Electronic device Machine
Colorfulness Photograph Blue Camera lens Digital camera

Currently the low timing, 2.09 bars of boost and 600whp tune has been a blast! Have done 5000km on it with no issues and using it as a daily drive most of the time. I believe that its gonna be ready until the end of this week and then its time for a tune!
Land vehicle Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

1 - 20 of 78 Posts