Audi TT Forum banner
21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Gosh, I wish I had that much to burn throughout the series of lockdowns that we had here in the UK . Unbelievable build, one of the best I've seen round here.

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Gosh, I wish I had that much to burn throughout the series of lockdowns that we had here in the UK . Unbelievable build, one of the best I've seen round here.

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk
Well the crazy thing is here in Greece everybody was spending money on cars since they didnt have anything else to do so my business was booming at the lockdowns we got. (I am an exclusive dealer of a very well known US race fuel brand and this is something like a project car/daily to show the potential of the fuels and products) I would say that a 550whp build would be very achievable with a 4-6k pound budget!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Holy fork, did you not consider an RS?
Next step is a 3.2 VR6 turbo convertion but I am very sceptical since it will be illegal to have it on the road without the proper paper work and that can be a big hustle here in Greece to change. So the initial thought was a daily 800whp pump gas car that would be 100% drivable and legal thus maintening the 2.0 liter engine on it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
How many seconds does it take to accelerate from 0-100 km/h?
I have not used a draggy or a Vbox yet since the car isnt fully done. The fully OEM MQB dq250 is capable of handling 600-650whp with a stage 3 tune but the clutch plates and clutch basket cant handle many launches. Lastly the current tune had super low timing (13)

Lastest update: Dodson Clutch basket with plates was installed this Friday and we will now be building the secondary fuel support system including 4x injectors , 1 small fuel tank , 1 fuel pump, 1 fuel filter to calibrate the fuel pressure and new fuel lines. I believe that we will be able to finish with the tune this week and see some good numbers!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Νew update

So the new fuel lines went through today for the 4 extra injectors, got the fuel pump placement to get the OEM plastic to snap on with no fitment issues. I had to remove the rear right First aid kit and removable box compartment that it was housed in to make the secondary pumps tank fit. So basically the Upgraded rear huge fuel pump will return fuel in the silver canister that will send fuel to the extra injectors and then the extra fuel will return in the OEM fuel tank o_O. Im getting a 3bar fuel filter on the fuel rail to regulate fuel properly without using an after market fuel regulator.

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Alloy wheel

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Νew update

So the new fuel lines went through today for the 4 extra injectors, got the fuel pump placement to get the OEM plastic to snap on with no fitment issues. I had to remove the rear right First aid kit and removable box compartment that it was housed in to make the secondary pumps tank fit. So basically the Upgraded rear huge fuel pump will return fuel in the silver canister that will send fuel to the extra injectors and then the extra fuel will return in the OEM fuel tank o_O. Im getting a 3bar fuel filter on the fuel rail to regulate fuel properly without using an after market fuel regulator.

View attachment 477647
great post! i love these kinds of details

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
great post! i love these kinds of details
Hey! thanks more to come soon! Got it properly set up and pretty much gave it an OEM look. Will get a carper and a rear strut to delete the rear seats to complete the more aggresive look!
Will try uploading a picture of the progress today.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
So a small update after tiding up the rear and front external pump assembly:
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design

Cant wait for the SternPerformance rear carbon strut and carpet to show up to cover the ugly fuel lines and pump!
Gost some pictures of the front fuel rail and fuel lines aswell that are covered with heat protection to avoid any fuel overheat or cable melting in the worst case scenario:
Automotive lighting Light Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exterior
Sewing machine Hood Bicycle handlebar Bicycle part Gas
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design
Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Auto part

The car is now 100% ready to get the final tune to reach the 900whp goal. Unfortunately our ECU programmer had an issue with electricity last week from a local thunderstorm and its still being fixed so its a minor setback for now. Hopefully we will be getting the car tuned next week!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 · (Edited)
Fire sleeve - one of the most important parts of big builds like this that a lot of people tend to miss. Love it.

What a handful this is going to be. I'm assuming drag strip focussed build?
I couldnt agree more on the fire sleeve !
I will run it once or twice on the drag track but at these levels of power im a bit scared for several parts such as the rear diff, transmission case and transmission gears as well as the mid shaft.
The circuit track that I could run it is 7hours away so I wouldnt consider even going there plus with a power band from 5500-8500 I doubt it would be very efficient. I want to call this a recreational build or an anxiety relief mechanism since I roll out of the house, meet with friends, go for a ride, floor it when the road is clear and back home.

21 - 40 of 78 Posts