Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

My rs4 alloys have corroded quite badly and I think they are spoiling the look of the car, so I was looking for another set of rs4 rep alloys 18" and tyres as my two rear tyres also need replacing.

However, for a little bit extra I have seen a good deal on 19" TeamDynamics Jade R alloys and tyres 225-35-19.

I have always thought the TT looks it best with the OEM alloys and never considered replacing however, the Jade R alloys were always my favourite alloys when I was a young grasshopper and I am tempted to give them a try.

What I would like to ask is what are your thoughts on 19" alloys on standard suspension? Resulting in a Tractor look or is it the same as what I have currently with the 18" as the profile/diameter of the tyre has decreased from 40 to 35?

Does anyone have these alloys on their TT which they would kindly show me?

What are people opinions on aftermarket alloys on the TT?

Or anyone know of a free photoshop package that i could try to see what they could look like on the car?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
misanott said:
Hi all

My rs4 alloys have corroded quite badly and I think they are spoiling the look of the car, so I was looking for another set of rs4 rep alloys 18" and tyres as my two rear tyres also need replacing.

Could always get them refurbed. Far cheaper than a new set.

However, for a little bit extra I have seen a good deal on 19" TeamDynamics Jade R alloys and tyres 225-35-19.

I have always thought the TT looks it best with the OEM alloys and never considered replacing however, the Jade R alloys were always my favourite alloys when I was a young grasshopper and I am tempted to give them a try.

What I would like to ask is what are your thoughts on 19" alloys on standard suspension? Resulting in a Tractor look or is it the same as what I have currently with the 18" as the profile/diameter of the tyre has decreased from 40 to 35?

To my mind 19's give a harsh ride and depending on the alloys, I think the TT can look dominated by the wheels - for me 18 is the sweet spot. But many are happy with them (19"). I'd want to sort the suspension out to recover the ride quality. You should also to bear in mind you need to keep the rolling radius the same or your speedo will be out.

Does anyone have these alloys on their TT which they would kindly show me?

What are people opinions on aftermarket alloys on the TT?

Or anyone know of a free photoshop package that i could try to see what they could look like on the car?

Many free editors out there, I use Gimp for windows http://www.gimp.org/ - Yes I know stupid name :lol:

Thanks all!
Brian

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will check out that 'gimp' thank you....ha great name!

I dont want to have to change suspension or anything like that so I may be better off sticking with the 18" then. I wanna change the alloys as the ones I have currently have are rs4 replicas and the centre caps dont fit properly....I lost one and every size I have tried ordering dont fit! So I have given up now and will be better off just going for a new set of wheels.

I do really like the look of them on the BMW but it is lowered a lot and I just wanna keep the suspension on mine the way it is.

If anyone reads this though and have seen these wheels on a TT your advice would be greatly appreciated.

I think I will probably play safe though and go with a 18" set of either the RS4 style again or the Quattro Sport multispoke wheels....anyone on here who can recommend?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've been looking at wheels for a while, I wanted black and a simple style the Jade r stood out as a good contender, I looked at multi spoke/ BBs and anything else from the web but always went back to the Jade r, so I purchased a set this morning! Looks like not too many fans of them on here though! Get them in a couple of days, I only purchased the tt a while ago but think kazinak is right may need to be lowered as not to look toss, I will have a check over some previous posts about springs and such but anyway over to you guys for a lashing over buying non Vag goods.

Nick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts