Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Ive always liked the original RS4 alloys on a Mk1 TT. For me they just look right with the car.

Ive recently seen these, they are reps obviously but I think they put a nice spin on the RS4 look, black & polished:

Im considering these as a replacement to my current RS4's as they are the same sort of style but look smarter.

Im yet to see a pic of them on a TT.

Whats the general opinion?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
were not sure if these are the same wheels exactly

I have my doubts that the 1s in the pic have the black edges but they look the same diamond cut finish
I also am considering doing this hense the reason why i have this pic lolol

Or might be able to get my own rs4 19" revamped take all the knocks out of mine at same time

Not sure who does this i think theres a place near me somewhere ive heard..

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
97,194 Posts
Hi, Yes I like them. The only prob may be the quality of the laquer covering the diamond cut finish, if that is poor they will soon corrode & look terrible.
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
84,380 Posts
Hoggy said:
Hi, Yes I like them. The only prob may be the quality of the laquer covering the diamond cut finish, if that is poor they will soon corrode & look terrible.
Not so much bown to the quality of the laquer more down to the slat on the winter roads even the laquer on the BBS Le Mans suffers [smiley=bigcry.gif]

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oooooo they look really nice on the car. Good point about the possibility of the finish being corroded by our grit plastered roads tho.

The look of them is so nice however that Id still be tempted 8)

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
YELLOW_TT said:
Hoggy said:
Not so much bown to the quality of the laquer more down to the slat on the winter roads even the laquer on the BBS Le Mans suffers [smiley=bigcry.gif]
best way i think it to keep the clean, just keep a karcher handy and give them a quick clean once a week (more often when its snows)

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Hoggy said:
Agreed; you are almost better off not having a lacquer finish at all and having bare alloy and polishing them and waxing them to keep them looking good.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
if your goin to run these wheels on your car over the better weather months of the year then they are brilliant, great look and really set the car off well...but they will get ruined in the winter. no matter what you do to them or put on them the will end up looking like crap...as ive found out with mine after that bad winter :roll:

Dz.

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
Devil said:
were not sure if these are the same wheels exactly

I have my doubts that the 1s in the pic have the black edges but they look the same diamond cut finish
I also am considering doing this hense the reason why i have this pic lolol

Or might be able to get my own rs4 19" revamped take all the knocks out of mine at same time

Not sure who does this i think theres a place near me somewhere ive heard..
Mine had a stainless trim on the outer lip, which has been removed, then the rim was diamond cut, with clear PC over it.

Done by Rimtec in Kent

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.