Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Its dependent on the other features of the car - ie on a red QS with black roof etc then a fully black cap with the bolts left silver would look neat. Otherwise i'd go silver with black bolts

·
Registered
84,237 Posts
For me I would go all black with silver bolts

·
Registered
84,237 Posts
H11WGY said:
Does anyone know how to remove the cap completely? My bolts just kept turning
You only need to remove 2 bolts one in front of where the catch on the flap is and one each side of the hinge then wiggle it side to side to get it out but they are very tight take care

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Leave it ally. anything else and it will look like all the copy-cat mitzu-mazda-hyundai fuel caps: mutts arse.

cheers

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Nope don't like it.Stay with all silver :lol:

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
H11WGY said:
That does look good :-D
Courtesy of TT Shop. Not particularly cheap I think I paid £23 (they're selling for £20 now) but good quality. Just make sure you get three longer bolts (which hold the cap in place) and four shorter bolts for show. I had seven short bolts in my original set and it cost me another £4 to send the originals back before they'd send a replacement set out which I thought was a tad cheeky. Odd because I've had dozens of bolt sets from Pro-Bolt (the makers) for various bikes I've had over the years and never had a problem before.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.