Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Mk2 arrived just over a week ago and when I first defined the specification in this thread there were some negative remarks on the electric seats and bluetooth phone system. Having now had the use of them for over a week I can pass on the following FWIW:-

Electric Seats : Excellent. The adjustment is, as I anticipated, just so much easier with the electric buttons and the adjustable lumbar support makes the seats just so much more comfortable. The real advantage though is something I had not anticipated - I'm on the tall side (6'2") and most of my height is due to rather long legs. This usually means I have the seat fully back, which I did on the previous TTs and do on this one. Even then I tend to end up with little support from the seat under the backs of my thighs just above the knees. On the electric seats the seat squab, as well as going back/fore & up/down can also be tilted which has enabled me to tilt the front up and rear down and get excellent support under my legs. These seats rate as the most comfortable I have had in any car ................ I'm justing waiting for them to 'sag' now so I can join the 'seatgate' saga :wink:

BT Phone System : Excellent again. I have a dual SIM setup and have an old Nokia 6230i permanently connected in a cradle in the car. This is an old 'warhorse' of a phone but works absolutely beautifully with the BT system and MFSW. I would now like to obtain a cover of some sort to hde the phone from view and remove temptation - nobody should really want to steal a phone this old but you just know some muppet will. Anyone have any ideas on whether covers exist (that cover the phone and cradle when in situ, not just the connection plate)? BTW the system also works extremely well in BT mode with my Blackberry!

The rest of the options work as advertised although the SatNav Plus sytem is not that intuitive and takes some learning but with a not inconsiderable investment in time it has proven rather good and works well. However, it really should have a touch screen! The MFSW ability to scroll through radio stations, CD tracks and phone numbers is also very good but the voice activated phone system is really, really good.

However, I'm not that impressed with the BOSE system - not really that much of an improvement over the standard system IMHO.

Finally, my two favourite options are the Magnetic Ride - very impressive - and the autodimming rear view mirrors which work brilliantly ........ or dully depending on how you look at it :wink:

·
Registered
691 Posts
nice post.

in general i have to agree with you about the electric seats ... i had this in a previous car and they were absolutely fantastic ... like you say they allowed accurate configuration to the most comfortable position, including lumbar adjustment, and raising the front edge to support your thighs.

i would have been quite keen to spec these on the TT, however i just felt they were a little too expensive to warrant the cost. add to that the fact that audi have memory technology and opted not to spec this with the TT's electric seats it means that if someone else drives the car you can't easily reset it to your preferred settings - my fiance will borrow the TT every few weeks, so this would just have frustrated me - of course, i'll have the same problem with the manual seats, but i haven't paid £700 for them.

glad you like them though, they're certainly the business.

·
Registered
379 Posts
chrisabdn said:
i would have been quite keen to spec these on the TT, however i just felt they were a little too expensive to warrant the cost. add to that the fact that audi have memory technology and opted not to spec this with the TT's electric seats it means that if someone else drives the car you can't easily reset it to your preferred settings - my fiance will borrow the TT every few weeks, so this would just have frustrated me - of course, i'll have the same problem with the manual seats, but i haven't paid £700 for them.
Couldn't agree with you more. If they had included the memory kit so you can have unto 3 drivers settings memorised, then maybe £750 (if you squint a bit) wouldn't be so bad. But it just seemed an awful lot to me - £300 would be more like it IMO.

Glad you are liking the car though. Sounds like you didn't skimp on the options with the sat nav and auto dim mirror. Nice motor.

G

·
Great timing Garvin on the seats thread.

Only just asked the mrs about them earlier today.

I have just called my dealer about electric seats.

They said you can get just the lumbar support for approx. £180.
Or the full option of the electric seats for £750.

Very tempted, even though they don't have the memory installed (which is a shame).

The dealer did say they are not specc'ed often because people with a TT tend not to have many people in the back. However, having 2 young boys, the seats will be adjusted a fair few times.

So, anyone else have them then?????? if so, you glad you got them or was it a little waste of wonga??

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
REDCAR Wrote,
The dealer did say they are not specc'ed often because people with a TT tend not to have many people in the back. However, having 2 young boys, the seats will be adjusted a fair few times.
On a previous post someone said that the electric seats were slow adjusting back and forth so I don't think they'd be very good for constant adjustment.
I specced them mainly for the tilting base which I find gives that finishing touch to the seating position.
There's been a previous thread on whether or not you can get just lumbar adjustment in the UK,seems to be differing views as to whether you can or not.

G

·
Vic, my dealer yesterday said it is an option on its own for approx £180.

They have a nack of telling the odd white lie though! :wink:

·
Registered
281 Posts
"nobody should really want to steal a phone this old"
Your heading for a smashed window without doubt, the average scrote would put your window through if they could see a 50 pence piece never mind a mobile. He'd probably nick it purely to phone his dealer to order more drugs!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Nice post, what blackberry do you use? Thinking of getting one and not sure which is the best re connectivity

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
docTTor999 said:
Nice post, what blackberry do you use? Thinking of getting one and not sure which is the best re connectivity
It's a 7130

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Redcar_TT said:

The lumbar-only option was not available when I ordered mine last year. I can see the moulding in the seat base when the lumber control would go. Anyone konw if it's available to retrofit?

·
Registered
2 Posts
The MFSW ability to scroll through radio stations, CD tracks and phone numbers is also very good but the voice activated phone system is really, really good."""

Good description of all the specs, but I was curious about the voice acticated phone system. I thought they weren't including in the UK models? I am still chasing this up with the dealer, as the brochure said it is included, but when I collected my order, it didn't come with it.

Extremely happy with my purchase though and can't wait for summer (2.0 tfsi phantom black roadster) ..

http://www.********.co.uk/gallery/silvesy/DSC0468745%20small.JPG

·
Registered
145 Posts
GhosTTy said:
Redcar_TT said:

The lumbar-only option was not available when I ordered mine last year. I can see the moulding in the seat base when the lumber control would go. Anyone konw if it's available to retrofit?
Have a look at this:

http://www.rostra.com/lumbar-support.htm

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
spook said:
GhosTTy said:
Redcar_TT said:

Have a look at this:

http://www.rostra.com/lumbar-support.htm
Interesting. Thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.