Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Full pelt and whilst the car is in gear running its fine, done 4 hour motorway journey and was good. When I came to sitting In London traffic the temp gauge rose to just under 130. I stick on the heaters and drive off and the temp decreases. Also when I'm on the motorway the gauge sits at about 70. Is this likely to be the temperature sensor or thermostat??

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
Jazzle said:
Full pelt and whilst the car is in gear running its fine, done 4 hour motorway journey and was good. When I came to sitting In London traffic the temp gauge rose to just under 130. I stick on the heaters and drive off and the temp decreases. Also when I'm on the motorway the gauge sits at about 70. Is this likely to be the temperature sensor or thermostat??
Once your at 105 the radiator coolant fans should cut in, if they do then maybe your thermostat is not opening/closing, I cant remember which way the system flow is set up, :?

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,337 Posts
Hi Jazzle, Have I answered this before ?
If not check actual coolant temp by using code 49c on Climate Control. click link.
Temp could never be 130 without steam pouring out from coolant system.
Let us know actual temp from CC.
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi, I'll check that out. I vagcom'd it yesterday and the g)62 sensor was reading ok up until about 70 then it was going haywire. I saw -78 degrees then about 300 degrees. So I think it's safe today that's toast an probably causing me hassle. I'll look into the climate way still because there's no harm in double checking

1 - 6 of 6 Posts