Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my first post :)
what a great forum.

The problem: Fans don´t start so temp will go way beyond 90 deg.
Both fans operate normal when I start the A/C, so the fans work but will not cool down eng. temp since they only kick in for the A/C needs.

Right now I´m driving the car with prog. 49 selected on the A/C so i can monitor the temp.
I´m able to hold the temp down by having full cabin heat and windows opended :oops:

Circuit breakers are OK all measured - the small breakers inside and the big once on top of the battery.
The termostat opens as it should arround 88-89 deg. and all hoses have same temp.

I really need some advice on what to do?
- bosch tester 540 and 547 and vagcom are not showing any errors?

´cheers from Copenhagen

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,371 Posts
Hi, Welcome to the TTF.
If fuses on top of battery are all O.K. & no corrosion or burning, could be the temperature switch on passenger side of radiator or fan control module beneath battery. Fans do not cut-in until approx 105 ish, what temp is your coolant reaching on code 49c ?
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx Hoggy.

Just checked the fuses myself on top of the battery and yes the one furthest left was burned after all.
replaced all 3 30AMPS. and all systems are working again.

Guess it is hard to find a mechanic you can trust these days.
- From now on I´m gonna use this forum and service my car myself.

Thx. for the fast reply.

cheers´

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,371 Posts
Hi, Excellent result. Always best to double check these things. :p
Hoggy. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts